The 3 Best Air Fryers for Fish
If you haven’t joined the air fryer craze you are certainly missing out on a great option to fry foods without the heat, grease, mess, or hassle. Air fryers do more than fry, they simply cook your food for you in a simple machine.
If you love fish, look no further. An air fryer is definitely a worthy investment for you! It will cook your fish just right – no matter what kind of fish you are making. You fish can be breaded or filet and your air fryer will handle it delightfully.
If you’re already familiar with an air fryer, then you are most likely here to find the best air fryer for fish. Not every air fryer is created equally. Some are designed with a fish or seafood setting while others require manually setting time and temperature.
So what is the best air fryer for fish? How do you choose an appropriate air fryer and what should you look for in choosing an air fryer?
We’re here to break all of that information down for you. We will provide you with a guide that will offer helpful tips on selecting the air fryer you would like, qualities to look for, and a general review of our top picks of the best air fryer for fish.
Keep reading to get all of the important details we’ve laid out for you.
Your Guide to Choosing an Air Fryer
Choosing an air fryer, especially for specific purposes is no easy task. There are so many air fryer options on the market and there are a number of features and qualities to sort through to ultimately get to the bottom of it and make a decision.
In this scenario, we are discussing which is the best air fryer for fish so the qualities we discuss and determine here will be specifically based on filling that need.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a deep fryer replacement that requires little to no oil added to your food. The air fryer is made up of a fan typically placed on the top of the unit and a basket in the lower portion of the gadget.
An air fryer operates by the fan pushing hot air down on to the basket and its contents. Because of the fan, the hot air is then circulated throughout the basket, cooking the food and providing a similar effect to frying.
An air fryer does not necessarily replace fried foods but it does mimic fried foods at a much quicker cooking time. There is much less mess with an air fryer and you don’t have to worry about cooking with hot grease over the stove.
The air fryer crisps and cooks the food and is the closest replication available short of manually frying your food in hot oil or grease. The beauty of the air fryer is that it requires little to no oil to operate and offers similar effects.
Air Fryer Limitations
We’ve talked about an air fryer being an awesome alternative to manually frying your foods and it absolutely is. On the same note, we want you to be informed and aware that there are certain limitations with an air fryer.
We certainly would not want to hype it up and allow you to get something that doesn’t meet your expectations. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- You may have to cook in batches. An air fryer basket can only hold so much at one time. You can fry in batches and place your items into the oven on warm to keep them warm while you finish remaining batches.
- An air fryer does not work well with liquid batters or coverings. For instance, a beer batter fish or a heavily marinated fish would not cook well in the air fryer.
- An air fryer is a sizeable kitchen appliance. Be mindful of available space.
Knowing these basic limitations, the air fryer remains a great kitchen appliance that serves a multi-functional purpose.
Qualities to Look For
It is important to know and understand the various qualities in an air fryer so you can determine what you might want to look for. Here is a comprehensive list of qualities to pay attention to as you review air fryer options.
- Size – There are various sizes available from small to extra-large. It would be beneficial to determine the size you would prefer and what will work best for your home and family where size is concerned. In this note, we are speaking of basket size and how much food it can cook at once.
On another angle, consider the size for storage or countertop usage.
- Cost – An air fryer can get costly pretty quickly. The highest cost does not necessarily mean the highest quality. Regardless, you are making an investment so be sure to review details and choose wisely, and then more importantly, be sure to put it to use when you acquire it!
- Settings – An air fryer can come equipped with many various settings. Some air fryers have pre-sets that include chicken, frozen foods, meats, fish, etc. In this case, we do recommend watching for a fish pre-set as it could be a helpful tool. However, there are manually set options that work great as well.
The 3 Best Air Fryers for Fish
Now that we have covered some of the basic information, let’s discuss our top choices for the best air fryer for fish.
|1.||Cosori Air Fryer 3.7 Quart with Touch-Screen||Simple to use, 11 presets for different functions|
|2.||GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Programmable Air Fryer||Bakes & fries, 8 presets for different functions|
|3.||Linsion Air Fryer Electric Hot Air Fryer||Large basket size, 7 presets including "fish"|
We have full reviews on each below, so keep reading for even more about the best air fryers for fish.
1. Cosori Air Fryer 3.7 Quart with Touch-Screen
This Cosori air fryer is by far the best air fryer for fish in my opinion and is an affordable option that has adequate sizing for most meal making. This air fryer includes 11 pre-sets which does include seafood.
- 3.7-quart basket
- 11 pre-set options
- LED touch screen
Your fish will taste delicious when you put this air fryer to the test. Make your seafood any way you like it using the seafood pre-set.
No breading or additional liquid or oil is required to get the great crisp flavor this air fryer can provide. The fry basket is square and is also dishwasher safe.
- The inner basket is replaceable if ever needed
- Simple to use with adequately sized basket
- Include a recipe book with 100 recipes
- Does smell heavily of hot plastic the first couple of uses
2. GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Programmable Air Fryer
This air fryer is also one on the smaller side, but 3.7 quarts is also quite adequate for most frying needs. This air fryer is fun and sleek with color options such as red, white, purple, or black making it quite fun!
- 3.7-quart basket size
- 8 pre-set options, including fish
- Various fun color options
This air fryer is small but mighty. It’s sleek and fun and will fit well onto your countertop without hogging the whole area.
We love the color options and this air fryer comes at a great price with a high-quality design.
- Capable of baking or frying
- Includes a recipe book with more than 50 recipes
- Heats up to 400 degrees; 8 presets for different functions
- Coating on the basket can chip off
3. Linsion Air Fryer Electric Hot Air Fryer
Put away the frying pan and the bottle of oil and give this sweet and suave air fryer a try! This is your basic air fryer model with a fairly large basket size and a sleek design.
This air fryer is equipped with pre-set, including one specifically for fish.
- 5.8-quart basket
- Heats up to 400 degrees
- 7 miscellaneous pre-sets, including fish
This air fryer is a great addition to any kitchen. Its sleek design gets the job done without taking up an exorbitant amount of counter space.
The company offers a 90-day money-back guarantee and a 2-year warranty on this product. This air fryer is so simple to use and will get you delicious fish in no time.
- Modern design
- Large basket size
- Multiple options making it a versatile unit
- Requires minor initial setup
We hope that you have found this guide to be beneficial in helping you determine the best air fryer for fish. You might also be interested in our article for the best cutting boards for fish! Below we have listed some common questions that you can review for additional information.
Do Air Fryers Use a Lot of Electricity?
Air fryers typically require minimal electricity to operate. You should not notice any adverse effects on your electricity bill when you run an air fryer. Keep in mind it is also run for a short amount of time at once.
What Makes an Air Fryer Better than Deep Frying?
An air fryer does not require excessive oil in order to operate. It also does not necessarily require heavy breading or breading at all, making it a healthier frying option. It is also much quicker and requires much less mess than deep frying.