If you’re anything like the rest of the world, pizza is most likely a staple in your household. We enjoy pizza quite regularly. I mean, why wouldn’t you? It’s simple, quick, and so yummy!
You can even have healthy versions of pizza. There are so many endless options for any type of pizza to fit any type of diet or lifestyle. From frozen to homemade to ordered in, pizza is a common go-to meal.
The thing is, it’s hard to find the right pizza cutter. They get lost, they get dull, maybe they won’t cut completely through the crust. It just seems like such a challenge to pick out a good quality pizza cutter that will last more than a few months.
So what is the best pizza cutter? The best pizza cutter is one with a high-carbon steel blade for easy slicing, such as the Dexter-Russell Pizza Cutter. It also features a nylon locknut for extended durability. A good pizza cutter should always include a super sharp blade and an ergonomic handle for the best precision and ease of use.
We will cover the 11 best pizza cutters and give you specific information on what you should look for in your pizza cutter.
Keep reading to get the low-down and be on your way to the ultimate pizza cutter for your home.
Your Ultimate Guide to The Best Pizza Cutter
Finding a pizza cutter is about so much more than just buying something to slice your pizza. It’s about having something that slices your pizza without tearing it up or tearing up the topping as it cuts. Your pizza cutter also needs to be able to slice fully through all layers of the pizza.
While it might seem like you should just be able to go to your local household store and pick up a pizza cutter, that’s not the case. Sure, you can purchase any old pizza cutter, but will it do the job like it’s supposed to? How do you know without trying it? That’s what we’re here for.
Also, did you know there are uses for pizza cutters besides just slicing pizza? Oh yeah, get excited, because we will share those secrets with you too. Let’s start by discussing some of the key things you might want to consider when you’re looking for a pizza cutter. We will also cover proper care for your pizza cutter.
What You Should Look for In a Pizza Cutter
You could use a knife to cut your pizza, but in reality, a pizza cutter works so much more effectively and efficiently. Pizza cutters are designed to slice the pizza seamlessly. Cutting your pizza with a knife is a much more challenging task.
If you’ve been cutting your pizza with a typical kitchen knife, you probably have a decent routine down, but we recommend that you try out a pizza cutter and see just how much you fall in love with the simplicity of using a pizza cutter.
- Type of Pizza Cutter – As you consider your pizza cutter, be aware that there are 2 primary types of pizza cutters, and then many characteristics beyond that. The two types of cutters are rocker blades and wheel cutters.
- The rocker blade is a larger style that spans across a full pizza. It has a handle on the top and the entire bottom is a blade. It rocks across your pizza, cutting as it goes. The wheel cutter is the most common type. It has a rotating bladed wheel attached to a handle. It is small and practical.
- Sharp Blade – You want to be sure that your pizza cutter is going to be able to get the job done. Will it slice through every type of crust and thick layers of toppings in one cut? Will you have to cut multiple times to get a clean slice? Will it tear the toppings and crust as it cuts? Your blade could affect all of these.
- Easy To Clean – Clean-up is the worst part of every meal, so it’s pretty key to make sure that cleaning your pizza cutter is not going to be a challenging chore. Find a pizza cutter that has non-stick properties and wipes clean easily. An added bonus is if it’s dishwasher safe as well.
- Durability – As you cut pizza, you will be applying a certain amount of pressure to the cutter. You want a cutter that is strong and durable and able to withstand applied pressure when in use. It would be a major bummer if your cutter broke during use.
- Comfort – You want to be sure that you can use your pizza cutter with ease. A comfortable grip or handle could make a significant difference in the smoothness of your slicing. If you can hold the cutter comfortably, you will be able to cut with ease and no concern for your fingers.
These are the top 5 characteristics of pizza cutters that we recommend you pay close attention to. There are many other properties you could consider as well that would be based on your personal preferences.
You might consider how and where you will store your pizza cutter. If you purchase a rocking pizza cutter, it will be a large item and you will need to be able to store it somewhere.
Another factor would be to consider whether a sheath is provided on your pizza cutter because it is a blade that you are working with.
The fun in purchasing a pizza cutter is that you can choose what works best for you. Later in this article, we will review and share the 11 best pizza cutters.
They will not necessarily be shared in any specific order. They will be shared based on their qualities and there will be various kinds.
As you read through the briefs on each product, take note of what qualities seem important to you. What you prefer or even think you would prefer might be different than what other people prefer. You get to choose what is right for you as you select your pizza cutter.
Benefits of a Pizza Cutter vs a Kitchen Knife
You could be thinking that you don’t need a pizza cutter because your knife works just fine. While your knife probably does work ok on cutting pizza, you will be amazed at the difference when you switch to a pizza cutter.
Let’s talk about a few benefits of using a pizza cutter rather than a knife when you are slicing your pizza.
- Safety – Pizza cutters were specifically designed with cutting pizza in mind. They are made to slice smoothly, accurately, and safely. A knife was not designed for this purpose. While knives are made for cutting, they weren’t made with pizza in mind. A pizza cutter is the safest way to cut every single time.
- Smooth Cutting – A pizza cutter cuts through the layers much more smoothly. Chef knives are not designed to cut through multiple layers of gooey goodness. The dough is very hard on a typical knife. It wears the knife down, but it also causes the knife to cut less smoothly.
- Ease of Use – Cutting your pizza with a knife is much more difficult. A pizza cutter slice right through with ease, while a knife requires working through the pizza section by section and repositioning the pizza to cut each angle. You don’t simply cut a pizza once, you make multiple cuts to get the pizza into slices or squares.
- Perfection – Cutting with a knife will be rough and could easily tear your slices as you are cutting. The simple answer is that pizza cutters are designed for the task, while kitchen knives simply are not.
Kitchen knives are a simple fix for cutting pizza when you don’t have a pizza cutter at your disposal. However, we are quite certain that once you try a quality pizza cutter you will wonder why you didn’t make the switch sooner!
Another recommendation for slicing pizza if you don’t have a pizza cutter yet is a pair of kitchen shears. These actually work more effectively than a knife as well because they seamlessly slice through the pizza.
Again, a knife or kitchen shears is a temporary solution. Investing in a pizza cutter will add another utensil to your kitchen toolbox and will properly equip you for your pizza cutting needs.
It does not take a lot of space and will not clutter your drawers. It is a single-piece tool. It’s time to make the switch!
Reviews of the 11 Best Pizza Cutters
Now that we’ve covered the basic information to give you all the best details about pizza cutters, let’s discover the best pizza cutters.
|Dexter Pizza Cutter
|High-carbon steel blade, molded finger guard, nylon locknut
|OXO Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter
|Stainless steel blade, soft-grip handle, dishwasher safe
|OXO Good Grips Easy-to-Clean Pizza Cutter
|Stainless steel wheel blade, removable handle, blade guard included
|Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter Sharp Rocker Blade
|Includes plastic sheath for blade, dishwasher safe, stainless steel
|Kitchen Gizmo Pizza Cutter
|Stainless-steel removable blade, ergonomic rubber handle
|Rosle Stainless Steel Ergonomic Pizza Cutter
|Free-running roller blade with dual edges, ergonomic handle design
|Epicurean Pizza Cutter Series
|Made with modified natural materials, beveled cutting edge
|Dreamfarm Scizza Pizza Cutter and Server
|Scissor-designed pizza cutter, non-stick nylon base, BPA-free materials
|The Ultimate Pizza Cutter Rocker Blade
|14-inch wide stainless steel blade, includes protective cover sheath for the blade
|KitchenAid Professional Pizza Wheel
|Stainless steel blade, dishwasher safe, heavy-duty build
|Kitchy Pizza Cutter Wheel
|Fits in the palm of your hand, super sharp blade
We’ve done all the research for you and we’ve narrowed down your options to the best 11 pizza cutters. These will include both types of pizza cutters at various price points and will break down all the need to know information for each one.
1. Dexter Pizza Cutter
If you’re looking for the top-notch, high-quality pizza cutter this one may be perfect for you. This pizza cutter has a bit higher price tag but does provide the ultimate quality to go with it.
- Molded finger guard on handle
- High-carbon steel blade
- Nylon locknut for extended durability
This pizza cutter may look basic at first glance, but it has multiple qualities that make it far superior to some pizza cutters on the market. This is your basic pizza cutter, but the Cadillac version.
The Dexter 4-inch pizza cutter was designed to provide both comfort and security with a molded handle that contour to your finger and allow you to hold the handle with ease and protection.
One side of the blade wheel is ground to a sharp edge to provide you with the ultimate cutting experience.
- Friction reducing blade bushing that allows the cutter to roll and move smoothly through any pizza
- This product line falls under Dexter’s “Sani-Safe” line, which is a popular line due to the overall professional design of the utensils
- Easy to clean design in a standard wheel and handle build
- Designed to last for years of use
- The center has a plastic washer which raises some concerns for durability
- Not dishwasher safe
2. Oxo Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter
If you prefer to use steel utensils, we have a great option for you.
The OXO steel pizza wheel and cutter has a durable stainless steel design that makes it look great and work great at the same time.
- Stainless-steel blade and handle design
- Handle includes soft-grip intuition
- Dishwasher safe
This is a great mid-range price option that has the added polished look of stainless steel. The handle is designed with steel for looks, but also incorporates the soft-grip features that OXO is well known for in their kitchen utensils.
This pizza cutter has a durable, sharp blade that works well for all types of pizza as well as pastries and other foods. The handle is designed with a thumb grip for additional control of the cutter when in use.
This is a quality product that will work well for you for an extended period. It’s comfortable and easy to use with an ergonomic design and safety features for ultimate protection.
- Angled blade and handle to make cutting smooth and comfortable
- Thumb guard provides both safety and traction for those thick crusts
- This product lives up to OXO’s reputation for providing useful, high-quality products for an affordable price
- Attractive design with stainless-steel properties
- Could be more difficult to clean with the handle and wheel attachment design
- May need to apply pressure when cutting for a full cut
3. OXO Good Grips Easy-to-Clean Pizza Cutter
Simple, affordable, and easy to clean – this OXO good grips option is one of our top picks for many reasons.
- 4” stainless-steel wheel blade
- Top hold, removable handle
- Blade Guard included
This pizza cutter is a wheel style cutter that has a top handle grip. It has a simple, classic design that is easy to grip and comfortable to use. The formation of this handle also allows you to take the cutter apart for easy cleanup.
The handle design gives you plenty of control while you’re cutting and the blade is strong enough to slice through any type or size of pizza crust. Cutting your pizza will be a breeze with this handy little tool. It’s also quite small, so it takes up minimal space for storage.
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to control handheld design
- Comes apart and pieces back together easily for simple cleaning
- Backed by OXO’s customer satisfaction guarantee
- Not as sharp as some compared pizza cutters
- Because it is round with a top handle, if your dish has an edge, it will not cut clear to the edge.
4. Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter Sharp Rocker Blade
Your traditional rocker blade pizza cutter, with a sleek design and an affordable price tag, this pizza cutter is made to impress and wins another of our top choices.
- Includes plastic protective sheath for blade
- One piece of commercial quality stainless steel, from handle to blade tips
- Dishwasher safe
This pizza cutter is the ultimate example of a versatile kitchen utensil. Perfectly cut your pizzas in 4 easy slices and use this cutter to slice your pizza toppings as well. You can easily slice, chop, mince, and scoop with the snazzy design of this pizza cutter.
The Checkered Chef pizza cutter was designed with ease and simplicity in mind. It won’t pull off your toppings and it won’t take repetitive strokes to slice through whatever it is you are cutting.
The curve of the rocker is just enough to rock for simple cutting but small enough to keep this cutter a reasonable size.
- 18/0 stainless steel from top to bottom and every corner
- Easy to wash, with rust-free properties
- Versatile tool for pizza cutting and more
- Not overbearing in size or weight
- Soft steel makes it flimsy during use
- This size is a bit smaller and may not reach all edges of large pizzas
5. Kitchen Gizmo Pizza Cutter
If you like the look of the simple round cutter with a top handle, you will love this option. The Kitchen Gizmo has a simple look and convenient size, with an added grip to the top to make it easier to use.
- Stainless-steel removable blade
- Rubber grip with ergonomic design
- 1-year warranty included
The top handle of this pizza cutter makes it so simple to use, adding an extra bit of safety, as your hand is less likely to slip while using. This cutter comes apart for quick and easy cleaning when you are finished and no worries of food left behind in the handle.
The blade is sharp and intended to cut through pizza with ease without taking your toppings with it as it slices. The grip makes a significant difference in the ease of use for this cutter. This tool is 100% dishwasher-safe.
- Made with superior quality materials
- Rubberized grip for comfort and control
- Includes a blade sheath for safety and protection of the cutter
- This cutter can be stored simply because of its size and can stand or lie down for storage.
- Could stand to be sharper, but you can sharpen as you like
6. Rosle Stainless Steel Ergonomic Pizza Cutter
If you like the unique and trendy, check out this next-generation pizza wheel from Rosle.
This pizza cutter has its own special look and is ergonomically designed for comfort and quality.
- Handheld pizza wheel
- Free running roller blade with dual sharp edges
- Ergonomic handle design
Rosle offers a lifetime warranty on their product. This is a bit pricy for a pizza cutter, but with a lifetime warranty, you can’t really go wrong. The design of this pizza cutter allows you to apply just the right amount of pressure to cut any type of pizza amongst other things.
This is a simple but functional piece that looks like no other pizza cutter on the market. It is highly rated and made with superior quality materials to be durable and simple to use. This model comes apart for easy cleaning of the tool and blade.
- Handle provides a safe and comfortable grip that you can tilt and maneuver for your cutting surface
- The blade is sharp on both sides to cut effectively without pulling
- 18/10 stainless-steel with a German design
- Rosle has more than 125 years of positive reputation for its ability to engineer quality and innovative products
- Handle tends to hold water
- Wobbles a bit during use
7. Epicurean Pizza Cutter Series
If you’re bored with the plastic or stainless steel looks and prefer an eco-friendly option, check out the Epicurean Pizza Cutter Series. This rocking blade-style pizza cutter is made in the USA with environmentally friendly materials but offers the same positive qualities as other pizza cutters.
- Cutter measures 16” x 4.5”
- Made with modified natural materials
- Beveled cutting edge
This pizza cutter was thoughtfully created with a lot of positive qualities that many people would appreciate. The cutter is durable and lightweight while being made with eco-friendly materials that are easy to maintain. It is even dishwasher safe.
The cutter has a hole on one end to make it convenient to hang for storage. Not only did the creators consider the environmental impact of creating these cutters, but they also considered your need for efficient cutting and ultimate durability.
- Can slice through a whole pizza in a single rocking motion
- Made in the USA from trees that meet the North America Sustainable Forestry Standards
- Dishwasher safe and heat resistant up to 350 degrees
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty
- The blade does not come very sharp but can be sharpened
- Must apply considerable pressure to effectively cut
8. Dreamfarm Scizza Pizza Cutter and Server
If you thought the idea of cutting your pizza with scissors might be appealing, you should check out this unique scissor-style pizza cutter.
This is a pizza cutter for the books with its unique style and ability to both cut and serve the pizza in one utensil.
- Scissor-designed pizza cutter
- Non-stick nylon base
- BPA-free materials
The Scizza is designed to be both simple and effective. While the scissors run effortlessly through the pizza, they do not scratch surfaces or have adverse effects from being used on pizza stones. This pizza cutter is designed with German stainless steel and has a long-lasting sharpness.
- Does not scratch or dull against surfaces
- Maneuvers easily through all types of crust
- Built-in server tool
- Long blade moves cleanly through pizza and does not pull toppings
- Design makes it more challenging to clean effectively
- A higher price tag with seemingly low durability
9. The Ultimate Pizza Cutter Rocker Blade
If you like the rocker blade style but want something with a firm grip, this one is designed with you in mind.
The Ultimate Pizza Cutter has a safe dual-sided grip that makes your cutting the Ultimate experience.
- 14-inch stainless steel blade
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Includes protective cover sheath for the blade for safety and blade protection
This rocking blade pizza cutter really is the ultimate tool. It is affordable and it works very effectively and simply with a customer satisfaction guarantee attached to it. They named this The Ultimate for a reason.
Despite the affordable price tag, this product is not made cheaply. It is designed with premium materials, including high impact handles and a sharp stainless steel blade that is quite effective.
- Dual-Handle Grips for ultimate comfort and control
- Slices effortlessly through all pizza and crust types
- Known as one of the safest and sharpest pizza cutters
- Dough tends to stick to blade
- Very large design to be considered for storage purposes
10. KitchenAid Professional Pizza Wheel
KitchenAid has long been known for their ability to provide high-quality and efficient kitchen products.
Their professional pizza wheel easily fits into their accustomed standards.
- Stainless steel blade
- Dishwasher safe
- Sleek red handle
This pizza cutter looks great and works great – what more could you ask for in a pizza cutter! This is ergonomically designed for safety and comfort with is finger guard, durable build, blade guard, and comfort grip.
You won’t be disappointed in the abilities of this pizza cutter. It is one of the higher-priced cutter options, but it provides superior lasting qualities.
- Works effortlessly through all types of pizza
- 18/8 stainless steel blade
- Heavy-duty durable build
- Sharp blade that does not need to be sharpened immediately
- The blade cover is difficult to get on
- Tends to rust if washed in the dishwasher
11. Kitchy Pizza Cutter Wheel
The Kitchy Pizza Cutter is another wheel-shaped pizza cutter with top handle grip.
This pizza cutter proves to be a viable option with its super sharp blade and simple design that is available in multiple color options.
- Fits in the palm of your hand
- Super sharp blade
- Versatile for cutting more than just pizza
You will not be disappointed with this versatile kitchen tool. It’s described as a pizza cutter but can be used for so much more. It is simple to clean and includes a protective blade cover. This pizza cutter effortlessly slides through any food surface you might challenge it with.
- Powerful and effective design
- Smooth and easy cutting
- 100% lifetime guarantee
- Fun color options
- Tough to take apart without a sharp blade
- Not extremely durable
We hope this guide has been helpful to you in determining which type of pizza cutter you might prefer and selecting your very own pizza cutter. We invite you to take a look at our common questions below.
Alternative Uses for Your Pizza Cutter
A pizza cutter can be a versatile utensil. It does not have to be used for just slicing your pizza. If this is the excuse that was holding you back from purchasing a pizza cutter, then this section is designed for you!
There are many alternative things you can do with a pizza cutter. You will be amazed to find out just how useful a pizza cutter can be and just how extensive the versatility of a pizza cutter is. It may be called a pizza cutter, but it certainly can provide other uses as well. You might as well get your money’s worth and use it as much as possible.
If you’re going to add another tool in your kitchen, you might a well put it to use. Many people skip purchasing the pizza cutter because they don’t want to purchase a tool JUST to use on pizza. Our goal is to educate you on other potential uses so you can make the best use of your investment.
Below is a list of other things you can do with your pizza cutter.
- Cut homemade pasta into strips
- Shred lettuce for a salad or a topping
- Mince and cut various herbs, such as fresh cilantro
- Cut sandwiches effortlessly, or cut the crust off of toast and bread
- Cut lunch meat, hot dogs, grapes, and other foods for children
- Cut tortillas for chips or salad toppings, you can also cut tortilla creations such as the quesadilla
- Cut and shape cake fondant
- Smoothly cut canned biscuits for pull-apart type recipes
- Cut casseroles, brownies, and fudge
I hope you’re reading these ideas and thinking, “Wow, I can use the pizza cutter for anything that needs cutting.” Do you see our point yet? It’s a versatile tool and with a pizza cutter, some of those things that are hard to cut can be cut smoothly and easily.
We will note that for some of the aforementioned items, the wheel blade cutter may work easier than the rocking blade cutter due to size. However, the rocking blade cutter is still a versatile tool that can be used for several of these tasks.
When you are using your pizza cutter for any job you choose to use it on, be sure you are using care and safety techniques to accompany the use. Watch the placement of your fingers and your grip on the cutter as well as the item you are cutting. Use a stable surface, preferably a cutting board.
Apart from kitchen uses, you might find your pizza cutter useful for activities around the house. If you’re a crafty person, the rolling wheel pizza cutter can be used for your crafting.
We recognize that most crafters don’t use their scissors for their food items and probably feel the same about their cutting blades, but it’s a thought to consider all the same.
Proper Care Of Your Pizza Cutter
If you want your pizza cutter to last a good long time, you must take the proper steps to take care of your pizza cutter. If you treat it with respect as you would most blades or kitchen tools, it should last you for several years.
Caring for your pizza cutter is a fairly basic process, but we thought it might be good to cover the basics to clarify for you the best methods of caring for your pizza cutter. Whether you select a rocking blade pizza cutter or a rolling wheel pizza cutter, these care and cleaning tips will work the same.
Cleaning a rolling wheel pizza cutter could take a bit more effort to get clean, but it’s still pretty simple once you know the tricks.
- Wipe your blade down immediately after use. Allowing food to dry on the blade wears it down faster and makes it harder to clean.
- Some pizza cutters are dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing. Use warm running water and soap to clean.
- Clean from top to bottom, moving in downward motions to prevent cutting yourself on the blade.
- Pro Tip: To clean between the handle attachment and the wheel on a wheel cutter, try using dental floss or a fine material to run through the small area and dislodge anything that may be in that spot.
- For the wheel cutter, you can hold it down in a bowl or sink to prevent it from spinning while you wash.
- Fully dry your pizza cutter using either a towel that will not scratch or allowing it to air-dry completely.
- Place the cutter into its protective sheath and store. It is important that you cover the blade for both safety and protection of the blade.
We’ve given you an ultimate guide to reference regarding pizza cutters, from characteristics to look for various uses to care guidelines. We hope that this guide will be helpful to you before and after you purchase your pizza cutter.
What Is The Best Pizza Cutter for Deep Dish Pizza?
For a deep-dish pizza, we recommend checking out the Scizza pizza cutter or any of the rocking blade cutters. These seem to slice more effectively for thicker crust pizzas.
Can I Sharpen My Pizza Cutter?
Most pizza cutters can be sharpened with any sharpening tool. Be sure to check the care and handling instructions for your pizza cutter just to be sure.
How Should I Best Store my Pizza Cutter?
Store your pizza cutter in a manner that works for you. Be sure it is in a dry storage area to avoid rusting. Also, be mindful of the blade and whether or not your cutter has a blade cover to be sure your cutter is stored as safely as possible.