Getting ice cream is one of the best things you can do, regardless of the occasion. Children and adults alike go crazy over the stuff, and it hardly comes as a surprise. After all, it is a universally-loved treat that can brighten any day.
That said, the containers that your store-bought ice cream come in leave a lot to be desired. We would even say that they pose several problems for you and your freezer that can affect the way you enjoy your ice cream.
That is why we highly recommend that invest in quality ice cream containers.
Of course, finding the right ice cream container can be a bit of a challenge. After all, most people seem to think that they are all the same anyway. Well, believe us when we say that nothing can be further from the truth. Not all ice cream containers are alike.
Don’t worry though, we are here to help you out. We have looked into the different brands and found the ones worthy of your time.
So what is the best ice cream container? The best ice cream container is one that will fit in your freezer with ease, is airtight to prevent freezer burn, and is sturdy enough to handle being squeezed into the freezer without breaking.
Presented here are the 5 best ice cream containers around. We also included a guide on the things you need to consider when looking for ice cream containers. This way, you can make an informed choice.
What’s Wrong With Traditional Ice Cream Containers?
At this point, you may be wondering, why even buy ice cream containers? After all, the packaging the ice cream comes with is good enough as it is, right? Sadly, this isn’t the case.
Listed below are several issues that come with traditional ice cream containers:
- Bulky Packaging – As you probably already know, the containers of store-bought ice cream are often bulky. So, they often pose a practical challenge. Even storing a half-gallon of ice cream can seem like a futile task because its packaging isn’t doing you any favors. This means that you will often find yourself dealing with a shortage of available freezer space.
- Flimsy Insulation – When you buy a gallon of ice cream, it is highly unlikely that you and your family will be able to finish the entire thing in one sitting. This means that you will need to leave it in the freezer for a while. This is when the problem of poor insulation becomes extremely apparent as you will notice that your ice cream can quickly fall victim to the problem of freezer burn. So, the next time you open it, the ice cream simply won’t taste as fresh as it used to.
- Lack of Flexibility – Traditional ice cream containers offer you no flexibility whatsoever. For instance, even if you go through half of the gallon of ice cream, the container itself will still occupy the same amount of space in your freezer. This is simply impractical and wasteful.
Needless to say, these are the problems that custom ice cream containers try to address. More often than not, the best ice cream containers feature a smart design solution that makes them compact and easy to store.
In addition to this, they also allow you to divide your ice creams into portions and transfer them to smaller containers. All of which ultimately help better utilize the available freezer space.
It is also worth noting that the best ice cream containers feature great insulation. They can achieve this by incorporating a great tight-sealing lid to their design.
This feature keeps the cold and dry freezer air out, so with the right container, you can say goodbye to freezer burn for good.
The fact that they are well-insulated also adds to the versatility of these containers. Remember, quality ice cream containers store more than just ice cream. They can also be used if you want to freeze other food.
Things to Consider When Buying Ice Cream Containers
Now that it is clear why you need to invest in a great ice cream container, we need to look at the things you need to consider before settling on the right one.
- Capacity – The capacity of the containers is one of the things you need to take into account. You can get them in varying sizes from one quart and six ounces. Some of the larger ones can even store up to 1.5 quarts of ice cream.
- Choosing the right size comes down to the level of flexibility you need and the amount of ice cream you consume. If you want to transfer your ice cream into several small containers then that is completely up to you.
- Design and Construction – The design and construction of your ice cream container is an important thing to look into.
- For instance, do you need a thin, narrow container? This type of design is perfect if you want to maximize the space on your freezer doors.
- Alternatively, you can also opt for stackable containers. This design will help make it easier for you to designate a dedicated ice cream corner on your freezer.
- Additional Features – Additional features often sets the good containers apart from the great ones. These added features should help improve convenience and help make things that much easier.
- For instance, some of these containers are also dishwasher-safe and microwave-friendly. There are even some containers that let you write on them using whiteboard pens. This will certainly come in handy if you want to keep track of your ice cream’s shelf life.
The 5 Best Ice Cream Containers
Presented here are some of the ice cream containers that caught our attention.
|Ice Cream Container
|BALCI Premium Ice Cream Container
|SUMO Homemade Ice Cream Container
|Extreme Freeze Reditainer Ice Cream Container
|StarPack Home Ice Cream Container
|Tovolo Ice Cream Container
We can confidently say that these are the best containers that you can get today. That said, be sure to give them a try.
1. BALCI Premium Ice Cream Container
First, we have the BALCI ice cream tub, a tough and well-designed tub. It comes in pairs and holds a quart of your favorite ice cream.
Aside from ice cream, this container can also hold other frozen snacks like gelato and sorbet.
Needless to say, its use of high-quality and durable materials guarantees that your treats are kept safe from freezer burn.
It is also worth noting that this container is designed for user convenience. For instance, they can be stacked on top of each other. This means that you can easily save precious freezer space.
In addition to this, cleaning up is made even easier as these containers are dishwasher-safe.
2. SUMO Homemade Ice Cream Container
Next, we have the ice cream container from SUMO.
One of the things that stood out to us was this container’s slim and stackable design.
By looking at its compact design, it becomes clear that its makers put a lot of effort in terms of maximizing storage potential.
Whether on your freezer door or in a small corner of your freezer – you would have no trouble finding a place to put these containers in.
In addition to this, the container also sports a durable and practical design. It not only prevents the container from getting bent out of shape, but it also eliminates the occurrence of freezer burn.
Its elongated and slim design also accommodates ice cream scoopers perfectly.
3. Extreme Freeze Reditainer Ice Cream Container
The next ice cream container on our list is a 64 oz ice cream container.
This is the container of choice for those looking for something more robust.
They are perfect if you are planning to hold a huge party as these containers can hold as much as 2 quarts of ice cream each.
Aside from their massive built, these containers are best characterized by the convenience they give you. For instance, they are microwaveable and dishwasher-safe.
In addition to this, they can also be neatly stacked on top of each other. All of these simply mean that storage and clean-up will never be a problem.
4. StarPack Home Ice Cream Container
Next, we have the StarPack ice cream containers.
This 5.3” X 4.7″ freezer-safe container can hold 1 liter of ice cream – roughly amounting to over a quart of the good stuff.
It is also worth noting that StarPack makes full use of durable materials in the construction of these containers.
They are made from BPA-free polypropylene and they come equipped with silicone lids. It would also please you to know that these containers are dishwasher-safe.
5. Tovolo Ice Cream Container
Finally, we have the tight-fitting, stack-friendly ice cream tub from Tovolo which can hold up to 1 quart of ice cream.
They make use of an incredible insulation system that effectively keeps out the dry air of the freezer and prevents the onset of freezer burn.
At the same time, it can seal in all the flavors of your ice cream, making them as fresh as possible.
Tovolo went the extra yard to give its customers the convenience they need. For instance, the container’s silicone lid makes opening and closing that much easier.
The container features a compact and stackable design that effectively eliminates the problem of storage.
These are the 5 best ice cream containers we could find. Be sure to take your time and explore your options to find the one best suited to your needs.