There are so many options on the market for cold brew coffee that it may become overwhelming to make a choice.
What are the best coffee brands for cold brew? Whether you like a light, medium, or dark roast, single-origin coffee, or a blend of beans from different continents, you will certainly find an option that works for you. Here are our top 5 picks:
- Death Wish Coffee Co.
- Peet’s Coffee
- Stone Street Coffee
- Real Good Coffee Company
Read on to learn more about these coffee brands and how to choose cold brew coffee beans that will suit your preferences.
How to Choose the Best Coffee Beans for Cold Brew
If you are a coffee lover but still want your morning coffee-making process to be easy and quick, you should certainly try the cold-brewing method (if you haven’t already).
Cold brew coffee is very easy to make. While it takes hours for the coffee to brew, you can make it once every 2-3 days. And you don’t need any special equipment. As long as you have something to strain the coffee and remove the beans, even a mason jar will do.
When it comes to choosing the best coffee beans for cold brew, it all comes down to your preferences. Here are the main things you should pay attention to:
The flavor you get from coffee largely depends on how much it has been roasted. From light to dark, you might need to try everything to find out which roast you prefer.
If you want to start with some kind of information in mind, here is what you should know:
- Light roasts have a bright and crisp acidity compared to medium or dark roasts. You may need to let light roast coffee beans brew longer to open their flavor fully.
- Medium roasts are more balanced as far as the acidity level is concerned. The caffeine content in medium roasts is lower than in light roasts but higher than in dark roasts.
- Dark roasts are characterized by low acidity and heavy body. If you like rich-tasting coffee, dark roasts are your best bet.
When buying cold brew coffee beans, pay attention to the blend. The beans may come from a single origin. But you may also buy coffee beans that are a mixture of coffee beans of more than one origin.
If you want to start learning more about coffee beans of different origins, it is best to start with single-origin coffee.
Grind size is important when it comes to cold brew coffee beans.
For cold brew, a coarse grind is the best. Finely ground coffee beans are not preferable for making cold brew coffee as the flavor comes out very harsh with an off-putting bitterness.
5 Best Coffee Beans for Cold Brew
If you want to discover coffee brands that make some of the best cold brew coffee beans, we have picked 5 of the best options you can go for.
|Cold Brew Coffee Beans||Roast||Blend|
|Death Wish Coffee Co.||Dark||Arabica and Robusta|
|Peet’s Coffee||Medium||Latin American and Ethiopian coffee beans|
|Stone Street Coffee||Dark||Colombian Supremo|
|Real Good Coffee Company||Light||Arabica|
1. Death Wish Coffee Company Ground Coffee
If you need a good kick of caffeine in the morning, then Death Wish Coffee Co. is the company you will love.
You will get double the caffeine than with other coffee brands. This is the result of their slow roasting process.
While dark roasts contain less caffeine, Death Wish is here to prove the opposite. The company has developed a unique roasting technique that produces low-acidity coffee with a rich flavor profile.
Due to variations in time and temperature, the Death Wish Coffee Company achieves the ultimate bold coffee flavor while keeping the caffeine content high.
Death Wish Coffee Company Ground Coffee, which also comes in whole beans, stands out for the following reasons:
- It is organic and USDA-certified.
- It is a fair trade coffee.
- Beans are carefully selected and roasted in smaller batches to ensure the freshness of the coffee.
- These cold brew coffee beans are a combination of Arabica and Robusta beans. The chocolate and cherry notes add up to the smooth flavor and give it richness.
Death Wish Coffee will refund you if you don’t like your cold brew made with their beans. If this doesn’t tell you how good this coffee is, what does?
2. Peet’s Coffee Big Bang
If you are on the hunt for a new coffee brand with a range of different blends, Peet’s Coffee it is. Having been on the market for decades, this brand certainly knows what’s up with coffee.
Peet’s coffee blends are made from the finest beans. The brand has stayed true to the traditional coffee roasting procedure.
The beans are roasted in small batches, and, drumroll please, by hand. As a result, coffee beans you buy from Peet’s Coffee taste rich and fresh.
We recommend you give a try to Peet’s Coffee Big Bang ground coffee. Here is why:
- This is a medium roast coffee with bright, citrusy, and sweet notes.
- The coffee is pre-ground. This makes it a good choice for those who don’t have any equipment.
- Featuring the exotic flavor of Ethiopian coffee beans, cold brew with Peet’s Coffee Big Bang will be unlike anything you have tried before.
- You can enjoy your cold brew made with the Peet’s freshly ground coffee beans within 30 minutes. This medium-bodied coffee is aromatic and delicious.
Peet’s Coffee is the place to go to if you want to discover numerous options for cold brew coffee.
3. Stone Street Whole Bean Coffee
Roasting coffee for over a decade now, Stone Street Coffee Company certainly knows how to do it right.
Stone Street coffee beans are ethically sourced. Thus, if you are not only about good-tasting coffee but also responsible and sustainable shopping, Stone Street is one of the best options you can go for.
The coffee beans are of superior quality. If you are someone that values the kind of quality that you can feel with every sip of your coffee, Stone Street will not disappoint you.
The company is committed to roasting the beans in small batches. The unique roasting technique of Stine Street coffee company results in a cold brew with a full flavor profile.
Stone Street cold brew coffee beans are one of the best options on the market. Here’s why:
- They are dark roasted beans that come in two varieties – whole and coarse ground.
- It is a single-origin coffee. Colombian Supremo beans are the largest coffee beans coming from Colombia.
- This coffee has the traditional Colombian coffee flavor with sweet notes, low acidity, and full body.
- The beans come in a convenient resealable bag that keeps them fresh and aromatic.
If you are looking for a safer option to start with, Stone Street cold brew coffee is a perfect choice. The flavor is clean and very familiar, and you can order it coarsely ground. The only thing left for you to do is to pour some water over it, wait for 12 hours, and enjoy it.
4. Bizzy Organic Cold Brew Coffee
Bizzy cold brew coffee is a best seller. And there are many reasons why.
But if there is one thing you should know about this cold brew coffee brand is that it was started by people passionate about creating the best-tasting cold brew coffee.
If whole coffee beans are not your preference, then you should certainly give the Bizzy cold brew coffee a try. It is coarse ground coffee that goes through a sifter to provide a consistent grind size.
It is medium roasted coffee with hints of caramel and hazelnut.
Bizzy cold brew coffee is truly a good choice. Here’s why:
- Arabica beans make this coffee taste sweet yet smooth and rich.
- The beans are 100% organic and ethically sourced.
- There is no right or wrong way for making cold brew with Bizzy. If you want your coffee strong for the busy days, add less water than usual. If you want it mild for the peaceful weekend, adding more water will do the job.
As Bizzy coarse ground coffee beans are specifically engineered for cold brew, you will never fail to make delicious cold brew with it. There is simply no room for error.
5. Real Good Coffee Whole Bean Coffee
Another sustainable brand with over three decades of experience in the coffee industry. There is nothing fancy about Real Good except for the quality and the taste of the coffee.
The packaging is simple and convenient and the price is right. What else could we ask for?
If you are a light roast coffee lover, then the Real Good coffee light roast breakfast blend will be your favorite.
It is made with the highest quality Arabica beans that come from Central and South America.
As the beans are roasted in the U.S., you will always find fresh beans in your bag of Real Good Coffee.
Here is why Real Good light roast cold brew coffee is really good:
- The flavor is smooth and unique, with a hint of citrus, as well as milk chocolate and cream notes.
- Being a light roast coffee, it will provide a good amount of caffeine to start your day with.
- It is suitable for all types of coffee machines, including French press and pour-over.