Whisks are such great tools. They do so much more than you might realize. Silicone whisks are a more recent discovery to the market. They do everything a whisk should do but they are made of a silicone material rather than the metal.
The plus side to using a silicone whisk is that the material makes the whisk non-reactive. Whisks can be various shapes and sizes. Silicone whisks reduce the threat of scratching surfaces you are using the whisk with.
A whisk works air through your batter or mixture, helping to give it a light an airy texture or add fluffiness to a mixture. Whisks are commonly used in baking cakes or pies. They are also very handy for mixing eggs and pancake mix. There are many other uses for whisks, these are just a few examples.
A whisk is not just for stirring—it is used for so much more. It is a step beyond stirring in reality. Another way to think of a whisk is a superior option for appropriately combining both wet and dry ingredients into the perfect combo with the perfect texture.
We’ve put together a comprehensive list of the 11 best silicone whisks to help you choose the right whisk for your kitchen. Whisks are so important and there are so many options to choose from. We’ve done the research and we’ve come up with our favorites to share with you.
Keep reading to find out the 11 best silicone whisks and what makes each of them the best our books.
Choosing a Whisk
Choosing a proper whisk could ultimately be a fairly detailed process. There are so many whisks to choose from and then you must determine if you want a flat whisk or a balloon whisk. It’s important to understand various characteristics of the whisk so you can best determine what whisk might best suit your needs.
Qualities to Consider
We’ve put together a list that contains a few specific qualities that you may want to pay attention to as you select a silicone whisk. Remember that not every whisk is made the same. Some are sturdier while some are flimsier and your need for sturdiness could vary based on what you use the whisk for.
- Flat or Balloon? – This truly boils down to a matter of personal preference. The flat whisk is a great tool but it also could potentially be more limited in overall capabilities. The flat whisk does not work well with eggs but works excellently with various batters as well as gravy.
- Size of Whisk – Whisks come in multiple sizes. The average whisk is about 10 inches but you can find both larger and smaller whisk options. Quite often, you can purchase a variety pack that comes with the 3 most popular whisk sizes from small to large.
- Length of Handle – you may want to closely consider your handle. You want your whisk to be plenty long and you want your handle to be long enough to grip without concern that you are giving up your whisk length to gain extra handle.
If your handle is too short, the whisk may be hard to grip and control. On the opposite side, if your whisk is too short it will be hard to use effectively. Be sure to look for a good balance on the overall lengths of each section.
- Silicone Quality – the last thing you want is for your silicone to start splitting or falling off. Watching the quality of the silicone is important. After all, you don’t buy a silicone whisk to have all of the silicone fall off of the whisk when it’s only been mildly used.
From here you can pick and choose the qualities you prefer and best determine which whisk is the one you like the best. We are sharing 11 of our top picks here with you, and they are not shared in any specific order.
Our list provides a good selection of various sizes and prices as well as color options. You are bound to find a great whisk option for your needs when you peruse the list we provide for you. We’ve detailed out everything you need to know about our picks and provided pertinent information for your selections.
Flat or Balloon Whisk?
You will notice in the list of top picks that you may find both flat and balloon whisks. We feel it is pertinent to share with you the differences between the two types of whisks and what each one is good for to keep you fully informed and prepared.
The flat whisk is a highly underrated kitchen utensil. It is very deserving of observation though and certainly has many great qualities. We recommend having both a flat whisk and a balloon whisk in your spread of kitchen utensils.
This whisk is designed with typically 4 wires that are laid together in a flat design rather than circular. However, you will notice the flat whisk has about the same number of wires as the balloon whisk.
A flat whisk is perfect for scraping and getting every last bit of substance worked through. Flat whisks are the superior choice for sauces and gravies and specifically anything you want to eliminate any clumps from when mixing.
The flat design allows you to get into the small and awkward spaces of your pan or mixing bowl, leaving no part unmixed, including scraping the bottom of the pan. It is comfortable and easy to use as well.
The balloon whisk has long been a popular kitchen utensil used for much more than just whisking. It is called a balloon whisk because it is shaped much like a balloon. The balloon whisk is typically made with 4 wires that are bent over and form a circular (or balloon) design.
The primary purpose of the balloon whisk is to bring air into your mixture, making it the perfect option for mixing things like cake batter, meringue, or egg whites. It works well to make ingredients light and airy or to add fluffiness to them.
The balloon whisk makes your mixtures light in both substance and texture. The balloon whisk is the most popular type of whisk and also the most understood. It can serve a multi-functional purpose and is a great addition to any kitchen.
The strengths of the balloon whisk lie in its ability to make things light and airy. While the flat whisk is meant for stirring every last bit of product together. As you can see, each whisk serves its own purposes so adding both to your kitchen could certainly be a great investment.
We certainly do not contend that one type of whisk is better than the other. They each have their strong points and they each do great things in their own way. It is up to you to determine your whisk needs and determine if you need one or the other or even both for your kitchen.
The 11 Best Silicone Whisks
1. OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Silicone Balloon Whisk
OXO has long been known for producing excellent kitchen utensils at quite affordable prices. This one certainly meets the OXO standard. This large silicone balloon whisk is comfortable to hold and comes in a fun red color.
- 11-inch balloon whisk
- Heat resistant up to 600 degrees
- Non-slip handle
This is a large balloon-shaped whisk. It is sturdy and durable but offers the perfect gentleness for whisking your food. The silicone will not scratch your dishes and will not warp when used in high heat or washed.
- Dishwasher safe
- Great for all types of cookware including non-stick, metal, or ceramic
- Comfortable to hold with a suitable grip
- Wires are a tad flimsy
2. Wired Whisk Silicone Whisk Set of 3
No need to worry about whether you are buying the right size when you choose this set of 3. You’re just about guaranteed to have a size that will work for you! These silicone whisks come in 3 different sizes and 3 different colors.
- Set of 3 – 12-inch, 10-inch, and 8.5-inch
- Heat resistant to high temperatures
- Non-stick silicone
These whisks are so much fun and they are sturdy and well built. The whisk is coated in FDA approved silicone coating.
These will stand up to intense heat and are so easy to use and clean. These will not scratch your cookware, but will certainly get the whisking done at an affordable price point.
- 100% lifetime money-back guarantee
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean
- 3 colors and 3 sizes
- Handle the silicone with care to avoid it starting to peel
3. TEEVEA Upgraded 3-Pack Kitchen Whisk Silicone Balloon Whisk
This Teevea set also comes in a 3-pack of various sizes. These whisks are very sturdy so you don’t have to worry about deforming or flimsy wires. The silicone is designed to not chip and the handle should not rust. These are whisks that will prove their worth.
- Set of 3: 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch
- Available in green, blue, red, pink, black, or yellow
- 10-year warranty
These whisks are made to be durable and heavy-duty. The wires are thick without being too thick so that they can maintain their shape and provide you with the ultimate whisking experience. Put these whisks to the test and get to whisking away for years to come.
- Anti-rust components
- Sturdy and durable
- Handle sometimes holds water – allow to drain by hanging on end.
4. Chef Craft Premium Silicone Wire Whisk & Spatula Set
Every good whisk needs an accompanying spatula. This set is the perfect combination with a whisk and spatula together.
These utensils stand up to the heat and they are durable and reliable. This set is a fun purple color but other color options are available.
- Set includes silicone whisk and spatula
- Available in purple, red, blue, or green
- Heat resistant up to 450 degrees
This whisk is an 11-inch whisk that is easy to handle and clean. While we’ve shared the set here because it was a great option it is possible that you can purchase just the whisk. This is a very affordable set that delivers a comfortable whisking experience.
- Dishwasher safe
- Stain-resistant materials
- Sturdy and flexible whisk design
- Handle is a hard plastic
5. Cuisipro 10-Inch Silicone Flat Whisk
Switch from a balloon whisk to a flat whisk, or maybe you need both. This Cuisipro silicone flat whisk is great for gravy but will work excellently with all types of whisking. The handle is stainless steel and this whisk is designed to be strong and durable.
- 10-Inch silicone flat whisk
- Heat resistant up to 750 degrees
- 4 silicone-covered wires in a flat design
A flat whisk is nothing to be afraid of. Some people actually prefer the design and ease of the flat whisk. This whisk is durable, sturdy, and so easy to use. The handle is 18/10 stainless steel and the silicone covered whisk will not scratch your pans or dishes when used.
- Does not scratch even on non-stick, metal, or ceramic
- Dishwasher safe
- Great for gravies and batters
- Does not work as well on eggs
6. Rosle Stainless Steel & Silicone Balloon Whisk
This Rosle whisk is a more expensive whisk option but it is certainly a high-end quality whisk to meet the price. This whisk is available in either the balloon or flat design. The handle is 18/10 stainless steel that is very sturdy and the silicone was designed to stay and perform.
- Heat resistant up to 500 degrees
- 10.6-inch whisk
- Lifetime warranty offered by Rosle
If you’re looking for an impressive whisk option, then this is the whisk for you. The design is German and it is considered a premium whisk. The overall design is meant to comfortable ergonomic use and durability.
- Easy to use
- Dishwasher safe
- Silicone stays in place and does not peel
- The handle is short
7. Cook With Color Silicone Whisk, Set of 2
Cook with Color has designed very modern whisks that use elegant colors perfect for your kitchen. The colors are subtle to give just a touch of color without being awkward or gaudy. These whisks definitely have the perfect look down.
- 2-piece set – 10-inch and 12-inch whisks
- Heat resistant up to 350 degrees
- Trendy color design
This whisk is made to be trendy but also delivers on performance. Whip away with your choice of color and metallic mixture. There are 12 color options to choose from. The whisks are sturdy and durable and they deliver quality whisking results. The whisk is also easy to clean.
- High-performance whisk with trendy color design
- Simple to clean
- Stainless steel metallic colored handles
- Not dishwasher safe, but simple to clean by hand
8. Ouddy Silicone Whisk Balloon Whisk Set
Keep it fun and simple with this 3-piece balloon whisk set that is colored with primary colors and is simply your basic silicone whisk at an affordable price point. Use your whisks for blending, beating, whisking, or stirring and enjoy the simplicity of these whisks.
- Set of 3 includes 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch
- Comes with 1 red, 1 blue, and 1 yellow
- Dishwasher safe
These whisks are your basic whisk, but they certainly deliver superior quality. They are designed to be multi-functional and durable.
These have flexible whisking wires without being weak and flimsy. The company stands by their work with a money-back guarantee
- Versatile whisk capable of more than whisking
- Stainless steel handle with a hanging hole for storage
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Description states microwave-safe but handle is stainless steel and therefore not microwave safe
9. StarPack Basics Silicone Whisk
The Star Pack Silicone whisk is extremely affordable but it also delivers a great quality utensil to get your whisk work done. This is a fairly small whisk but it is a comfortable length and width for most needs. These come in teal, gray, or red.
- 10.5-inch whisk
- Heat resistant up to 480 degrees
- 100% BPA free
This whisk is an essential tool that is versatile and reliable. It works well for every type of whisking project and is fun and simple to use. The handle has a hanging hook ideal for storage options. This whisk is even accompanied by a fun “Cooking Tips” manual.
- Dishwasher safe
- StarPack warranty and satisfaction guarantee
- Stain and odor resistant
- The wires tend to come loose from the handle after several uses
10. Country Kitchen Whisk & Tong Set
Why purchase just a whisk when you can purchase a set that includes a whisk and a tong? This set looks and feels great. It is available in 4 color options. The colors are light and pastel to maintain a soft and versatile color appeal. These make a great gift option.
- Heat resistant up to 400 degrees
- 2-piece set includes whisk and tong
- 10-inch tools
This set is designed to be a high performance set with non-slip grips and high-performance materials included in the overall design of the utensils. You can use these together or separate based on your needs. The whisk is so easy to clean and will not discolor or stain with use.
- Great gift option – for you or someone else
- Comfortable and stylish
- Country Kitchen has a positive reputation for kitchen utensils
- The handle is a bit short but still comfortable and easy to use
11. Kuhn Rikon Silicone Rainbow Whisk 10-Inch
Make your whisking fun with this rainbow-colored whisk. The interlocking of colors makes this bright and fun without causing it to look overstated. The handle is quality stainless steel and includes a hanging loop ideal for storage.
- 10-inch whisk
- Multi-colored silicone coated wires
- Resistant to high heat temperatures
Why keep things plain and simple when you can make it fun and colorful with this pretty whisk. The colors are bold and eye-catching but they also look great. This whisk is made with great quality and durability and will hold up through all of your whisking needs.
- Multi-functional and colorful
- Non-stick coating
- Does not scratch pots, pans, or bowls
- Whisk seems to be a bit flimsy
We hope that you have found the information in this guide for the 11 best silicone whisks to be helpful in determining which whisk you might need. Below we have provided a question and answer section to provide you with some additional information that could be useful to you as well.
How is a French Whisk Different from a Balloon Whisk?
The French whisk is designed with thinner wires than the typical balloon whisk. They have a similar look but are just built slightly different. The French whisk has thin wires and more wires. It is a great tool for light stirring as well as smooth out sauce mixtures.
The French whisk is not as multi-functional as the balloon whisk. It is not the recommended tool for making creams or trying to beat egg whites as the design simply does not work as well for those types of things. It is however ideal for heavy batters and stirring needs.
Is There an Alternative Utensil to a Whisk?
A whisk is primarily irreplaceable in your kitchen. There are some tips you can try out if you need a whisk and haven’t made the investment yet but we do highly recommend that you acquire a whisk of some sort for your kitchen.
If your recipe calls for whisking ingredients you can do so with a fork as an alternative, stirring quickly in circular motions. This will not perform nearly as well as the whisk but in a bind provides an alternative that primarily gets the job done that you need.
How Do You Use a Whisk Properly?
You use a whisk in much the same manner you might use a spoon or spatula. The whisk is meant to be a stirring utensil. It simply provides a design that stirs in a different manner. Use your whisk by stirring in circular motions throughout your mixture. Whisk in short, quick movements.