The Best Large Ice Cube Trays
If you’re like us, you’ve known the struggle of a bad ice cube tray.
Those ice trays you’ve been using just don’t cut it. Not only are they hard to work with but they are so small you can’t do much with them or you need twice as many cubes.
Not to mention all the creative things you can do with ice cube trays and you felt so limited! It’s time to invest in a large ice cube tray.
What is the best large ice cube tray to use? The best large ice cube trays are made of silicone or similar materials, making it easy to pop out the ice/frozen contents of the tray. The cavities should be large enough to be versatile for freezing a variety of items, such as sauces or condiments.
In this guide, we will walk through our top picks of large ice cube trays. We will provide you with a detailed review of each of our top picks, including a list of pros and cons for each option.
We have some really good options in store for you, so keep reading to learn the best large ice cube trays on the market and more.
What To Do With Large Ice Cube Trays
Large ice cube trays really open up your options. When you use regular ice cube trays, they work ok for your basic ice capacity but it seems like you have to use so many.
However, there are a ton of creative things to do with ice cube trays besides make ice and a large tray works so much better.
Here are some some of the many things you can do with large ice cube trays:
- Make flavored ice cubes (like coffee)
- Freeze herbs to preserve
- Chocolate-covered cheesecake bites
- Freeze sauces, yogurts, and condiments
- Make fruit-infused ice cubes
- Use as a mold for sushi
- Freeze homemade baby food
- Freeze cuts of fruit to use for smoothies
- Homemade peanut butter cups
- Giant ice cubes to keep drinks cold for a long time
These are just a few popular uses for large ice cube trays. You can use them for essentially anything you choose. They work very well for freezing anything saucy or anything that is best frozen in small portion sizes.
These are a simple and convenient method for freezing both ice cubes and other frozen options.
Now, let’s move on to reviewing our favorite trays!
The Best Large Ice Cube Trays
Large ice cube trays are beyond versatile. With so many food hacks and uses, you’ll be glad you invested in a well-made and designed one.
Here are our top picks for large ice cube trays:
|1.||Nirohee Silicone Ice Cube Tray||Sphere+cube shapes (2)|
|2.||Souper Cubes Silicone Freezing Trays||1 cup cubes (XL), +lids (2)|
|3.||Kitch Large Silicone Ice Trays||2" cubes, BPA-free (2)|
|4.||Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Trays||Stackable, +lids (2)|
|5.||M. Gastro Kitchens Silicone Ice Trays||2" cubes, stackable (4)|
|6.||SUMPRI 2-Pack Ice Cube Trays||Sphere+cube shapes (2)|
|7.||BNUNWISH Large Ice Cube Trays||Stackable, +lids (2)|
So let’s get down to it!
1. Nirohee Silicone Ice Cube Tray
Silicone gives you both the strength and flexibility you need to easily remove anything you might make in an ice cube tray.
This tray comes in a pack of 2. It’s an ideal size and has space for 6 large cubes in each tray.
With these trays, you get 1 rounded tray and one square tray. The round tray lets you do things like ice balls for drinks and it comes with a mold for easy pouring to simplify the process. You can choose this set in black or gray.
- Made with food-safe silicone
- Flexible for simple use
- 2 trays – spherical and cube
- Reusable and durable materials
- Easy to clean
- Makes the perfect size
- The square cubes are large enough it may be hard to fit into narrow glasses.
- Might take some practice for the circular ice to be appealing in looks.
2. Souper Cubes X-Large Silicone Freezing Trays
This tray may not be ideal for typical ice cube making, depending on the size of your drinking cup, but it offers a rare, large freezing area with divided tray slots.
It’s simple to use and perfect for things like baby food and frozen desserts or other items.
This is an extra-large cube setting so just remember it may not be ideal for most ice situations. This tray comes in a 2-pack and the trays even have a fitted lid.
They are made with silicone materials so it is easy to pop out whatever you choose to freeze.
- Extra-large slots for larger items
- Trays have fill lines if you need to make a smaller item
- Comes with a lid to avoid sloshing or spilling
- Food-safe silicone materials
- Easy to use and work with
- The extra-large slots could be hard to work with, even though you can fill at reduced measurements.
- Slightly more expensive compared to competitors.
3. Kitch Large Silicone Ice Trays
This 2-pack of large silicone trays from Kitch is the perfect solution to large cubes.
Whether you’re making ice or freezing goodies for later, these are the perfect size.
This set comes in cobalt blue and is made with silicone materials as well. The cube slots in this tray are 2 inches, giving you plenty of versatility. Each tray has 6 cube slots.
The trays are designed with high-quality materials. They are durable and will last for a long time. They are also simple to work with, which is a great plus.
- 2-pack of cube trays
- Come in cobalt blue
- High-quality materials for durability
- Ideal size for large cubes or other needs
- Easy to fill and release
- Be sure to wash well first to avoid a lingering silicone flavor.
4. Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Trays
If you haven’t noticed, most ice cube tray options are becoming silicone because it provides so much more versatility.
Here is another 2-pack of silicone cube trays. This set actually has 8 cube slots in each tray so you can fit even more in them.
These trays come with lids as well to reduce the likelihood of spilling or making a mess with whatever you freeze. These sizes are ideal for ice cubes as well as any other freezing possibilities. These come at a reasonable price and are well-made.
- 8 ice cube slots each tray
- 2-pack of trays with lids
- Silicone materials for simplicity
- Easy to use
- Comes in fun blue and red colors
- 1-year warranty
- Do have a silicone flavor so you will need to clean them well before use.
- The lids tend to crack easily so be careful with them.
5. M. Gastro Kitchens Silicone Ice Trays (4)
Until now, you’ve seen mostly 2-packs or even single ice cube trays that don’t give you a lot of options if you have multiple things you want to make or you need more than a dozen cubes.
This pack comes in a set of 4 to get you more ice cube tray space. Each tray has 6 square cube spots, giving you a 24-cube total. That’s plenty of freezing capacity!
This particular set is midnight blue but there are sets available in other colors, as well as sets available with lids if you want them that way. There are tons of options.
- Comes with 4 trays
- Available in various colors and with lids
- Easy to use trays
- Cleaning is simple
- 2-inch cube settings
- If you overfill, the cubes can be hard to get out.
- No information to confirm silicone is BPA-free.
6. SUMPRI 2-Pack Ice Cube Trays
This is another 2-pack of ice cube trays that has a circular ice tray and a square ice tray. They are well made to give you a lot of versatility.
You can use the spherical one for drink cubes and the cubical one for other freezing purposes – or switch it up by mood.
These are some of the highest-rated ice cube trays available. They are simple to work with and have the silicone material that makes them easy to use and clean. The trays are BPA-free and high-quality silicone.
This company offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. But we’re already pretty satisfied by BPA-free, easy-to-use materials and the option to mix and match frozen shapes.
- High-quality silicone
- 2-pack, circular and square
- Easy to use and clean
- Recognized as BPA-free
- Available in black, blue, or white
- The ball cube trays are challenging to seal and can leak water or thin liquids easily.
7. BNUNWISH Large Ice Cube Trays
Finally, we bring you one last option of our favorite large ice cube trays. This is another silicone option with a lid.
This comes in a 2-pack and each tray has 8 large cube slots, giving you more space and versatility. The lids are also quite handy.
These ice trays are stackable so you can purchase multiple sets if you want. Whatever you freeze pops out smoothly and easily. These trays are high-quality trays made with durable and reliable materials.
- 2-pack of trays with lids
- Trays hold 8 large cubes each
- Frozen items pop out easily
- No leaking!
- Ice trays are stackable
- These trays are challenging to hold and fill because they don’t have handles.
We hope that you find this guide to the best large ice cube trays to be a helpful resource for finding the best options on the market. There are many great options out there!
We invite you to review the following question and answer section for additional information.
How Can You Store Extra Cubes When You Empty the Tray?
You can move the frozen cubes to another storage device. Plastic dishes or freezer bags work fairly well for holding these items so you can refill the trays.
Do Large Ice Cubes Melt Slower?
Yes, with large cubes, the melting process does happen slower so your drink is less likely to get watered down.