How To Reheat Taco Bell
If you’re anything like us, your eyes are always bigger than your stomach when you order from Taco Bell. Everything on the menu sounds good and before you know it you end up with leftovers that you have to save for later!
These leftovers sometimes sit there endlessly because you just don’t know how to reheat them properly.
If you’ve found yourself in this predicament, you’re not alone! You don’t have to toss out those Taco Bell leftovers or waste them. The good news is that you can reheat them and enjoy your Taco Bell once more.
But how exactly should you reheat Taco Bell? The best way to reheat most items on the Taco Bell menu is in the oven at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes to preserve the structure of the food. Otherwise, Taco Bell food items can quickly be reheated in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
In this guide, we will share with you all of the best ways to reheat Taco Bell menu items.
We’ve got all of the most popular choices here for you so scroll on down to whichever item it is you’re needing to reheat for the most reliable source to do so!
Stick with us to learn how to reheat Taco Bell items and more!
How To Reheat Tacos
Tacos can be tricky because if you aren’t careful your shell might end up a little soggy. When it comes to reheating a Taco Bell taco, we recommend doing it in the oven. This is true for both soft and hard shell tacos from Taco Bell.
If you’re brave and like to use the air fryer, you could also try reheating in the air fryer!
Here are some quick steps for reheating tacos in the oven.
- Remove any toppings that are veggies, such as lettuce and tomatoes. You can leave your cheese and even sour cream on the taco. Although, you may prefer scooping off sauces and sour cream first. It’s up to you!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap the taco with any remaining parts of it up in aluminum foil.
- Place your wrapped taco in an oven-safe baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven.
- Allow it to cook for about 10 minutes like this.
- Remove your foil and return to the oven for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and replace your toppings on the taco.
- Serve and enjoy!
This does take a few minutes because you have to preheat the oven and you also have to account for your cooking time in the oven. However, it is really the best process for reheating a Taco Bell taco without worrying about sogginess.
If you want to try the air fryer, it’s a similar process. Remove your veggies and cold items as you did before and then place the taco in the air fryer at 400°F for 3-5 minutes. This will keep it crisp and warm things back up as well.
How To Reheat A Burrito
A burrito tends to be a bit easier to reheat. Most burritos are made with meat and cheese, although some of them do have different veggies or even rice in them. You should be able to microwave any burrito as your easiest method.
You can also reheat your burrito in the oven if you want to but the burrito is typically sufficient in a microwave.
Here are some quick steps to help guide you through reheating a Taco Bell burrito in the microwave.
- Leave the burrito wrapped as is, unless there are “cold” toppings that are better not microwaved (lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, etc.). If you have any of those, go ahead and remove them during reheating.
- Place your wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe dish.
- Heat the burrito in the microwave for about one minute. Let it sit in the microwave for 30-45 seconds after.
- Flip your burrito over and heat it for another minute. Let it sit for 30 seconds again now as well.
- Repeat as necessary until your burrito is warm enough for your liking.
- Add back any cold toppings that you removed.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re a fan of the oven and really don’t want to use the microwave, that process is simple as well. You’re going to pre-heat your oven to about 225°F, wrap your burrito in foil, and bake it for about 30 minutes.
Of course, you still want to remove any cold toppings while you heat it and then add them back after the burrito has been heated to your liking.
The oven obviously takes quite a bit longer but it sure makes for a delicious burrito and a shell that is nice and crisp rather than soggy or mushy as it could possibly be in the microwave.
How To Reheat Gorditas
The breading on a gordita makes it more challenging to reheat. Since it is thick and bready, you have to be cautious not to cook it wrong or it becomes soggy or maybe even hard in the process.
The good news is that you can reheat your gorditas so don’t give up just yet.
This is another item that is best to reheat in the oven as it will do the least damage and provide the very best results.
Follow these steps.
- Remove any cold toppings from the gordita. This includes things like tomatoes, lettuce, sauces, and sour cream.
- Wrap up the gordita with meat and cheese inside in aluminum foil.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the gordita on an oven-safe pan and toss it in the warm oven.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes at this temperature. Check to see if it is warm and add a few more minutes if needed.
- Remove from the oven and add back your cold toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!
Again, this process is super simple. You probably notice a theme here. You always remove the cold toppings before you reheat any of the items.
This is because those things simply aren’t meant to be heated and they will not taste good if you heat them.
We typically leave the cheese but you can also take that off as part of the cold toppings. It’s totally up to you!
How To Reheat Crunchwraps
The crunchwrap is meant to be crunchy by the very name, right? So how do you reheat that crazy wrap of goodness without ruining it or tearing it apart?
You can do it just like you’ve done all of these other things! Except in this case, we actually leave out the foil part of the formula.
Here is a quick process for you to follow.
- Unwrap the crunchwrap and remove those cold toppings like lettuce and tomatoes. Don’t worry, the pattern is easy to fold back into place.
- Rewrap the crunchwrap and pre-heat your oven to 300°F.
- Place the crunchwrap on an oven-safe pan and toss it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Once the crunch wrap is heated through, you can remove it! You might need up to 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the shell and add back in the cold toppings if you’d like.
- Serve and enjoy!
Another easy process down the drain. Some people actually prefer the crunchwrap reheated like this because it gives that little bit of crispness to the outer shell.
Of course, fresh is always best in our opinion but the reheating process is simple and reliable.
How To Reheat A Mexican Pizza
For our last Taco Bell menu item, let’s talk about the Mexican pizza. This little pizza made with beans and sauce and meat and two flour shells is absolutely a classic favorite.
Since it has flour shells, you have to be mindful of how you reheat to avoid sogginess.
The good news is, aside from some tomatoes on top, there is nothing you have to remove to reheat this. We actually prefer the air fryer for this piece, if you have one available. Otherwise, try the oven for the best results.
Here are our recommended steps for the air fryer reheating process.
- Place the Mexican Pizza in your air fryer.
- Set to 350-370°F.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Check to see if it is warm and crisp. Add a couple of minutes as needed.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy your Mexican pizza!
This process is so easy and so tasty! The shells stay nice and crisp and flavorful, which is why we love it. You can also reheat in your oven.
Just set it to about 400°F and cook the Mexican pizza for approximately 15 minutes in the oven at that temp.
All of these processes are very simple and easy. Using the oven does take just a little bit longer than the microwave but if you want the best results, that is typically the best way to go.
Now you know exactly how to reheat your Taco Bell leftovers!