Sometimes when you are hungry you order more food than you can actually eat. This is especially the case with fast food.
But not all fast food leftovers are good reheated. Luckily, this doesn’t apply to everyone’s favorite Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.
But how do you reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich? The best ways to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich are in the oven, in the microwave, and on the stovetop. You can also reheat this chicken sandwich in the air fryer and on the grill.
Read on for step-by-step instructions for reheating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich using different methods. You will also learn when you shouldn’t reheat and eat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, and how many times you can reheat it.
Can You Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich?
A regular Chick-Fil-A sandwich features a buttered bun with pressure-cooked boneless chicken breast and a few slices of pickles. It may also contain cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
As its main ingredient is chicken fillet, eating a cold Chik-Fil-A sandwich may not be enjoyable for many people. But throwing away the leftover sandwich is not a good idea either.
Luckily, you can reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, and there are multiple ways to do it.
With this said, you should always practice food safety when storing and reheating food, including sandwiches and burgers. Reheat the Chick-Fil-A sandwich if you haven’t left it at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
Also, don’t reheat and eat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich if it has been sitting in the fridge for longer than 3-4 days.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich?
There are multiple ways to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. Three of the best methods for reheating this chicken sandwich are using the oven, the microwave, and a non-stick pan.
No matter which reheating method you use, you will first need to take apart the Chick-Fil-A sandwich. Separating the contents of the sandwich will allow you to reheat them properly.
Additionally, don’t forget that you need to take out the pickle slices and other fresh ingredients that a Chick-Fil-A sandwich may contain.
If there is a slice of cheese on top of the chicken fillet, scrape it off the chicken to be able to reheat it efficiently. You can always add a new slice of cheese when reheating the fillet.
Also, it is a good idea to remove the sandwich from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature before you reheat it. This will minimize the chances of the chicken fillet remaining cold in the center.
Once you have reheated the sandwich and it is time to assemble it, we recommend you add a few ingredients to the sandwich to make it taste better and as if it is fresh out of Chick-Fil-A.
Add a lettuce leaf for crunch, a slice of tomato for flavor, and your favorite sauce for juiciness.
How To Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Oven?
Using the oven is not the quickest method to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. However, this method ensures even heating of all elements of the sandwich.
Here are step-by-step instructions for reheating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Disassemble the sandwich.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and place the chicken fillet and buns on it. Put the buns on the baking tray.
- Heat the bread and chicken for 7-9 minutes flipping the chicken fillet halfway through the heating time. If the buns brown quickly, remove them from the oven sooner.
- When the chicken and the buns are heated, put the sandwich back together adding more ingredients to your liking.
How To Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Pan?
If you don’t want to use the oven, use a non-stick pan to reheat your Chick-Fil-A sandwich.
- Take the sandwich apart.
- Reheat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, butter the buns and place them in the pan with the cut side down.
- Put the chicken fillet in the pan alongside the buns.
- Remove the buns from the pan when they are heated and nicely charred on the inside. In the meantime, flip the chicken to crisp it up on both sides and heat it evenly. It will take you 4-5 minutes to get the chicken fillet hot.
- Reassemble your Chick-Fil-A sandwich and enjoy.
How To Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Microwave?
If you need an even quicker way to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, use the microwave.
While the microwave won’t make the outer layer of the breaded chicken breast crispy again, it will heat it up in less than a minute.
Here’s how to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich in the microwave:
- Take apart the Chick-Fil-A sandwich.
- Put the chicken fillet on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high power for 30 seconds.
- As the microwave can create cold zones and leave some parts of the meat cold, it is important to check to see if the chicken is evenly heated. If there are any cold spots, microwave the chicken fillet for additional 5-10 seconds.
- If you want to add cheese to your Chick-Fil-A sandwich, place it on the fillet and microwave for an additional 10 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Next, microwave the buns. To help them retain their texture, wrap the buns in slightly damp paper towels. Microwave for 60 seconds on 50% power.
- Assemble the sandwich putting back together all the contents.
Other Methods Of Reheating A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
While the microwave, the oven, and the stovetop are some of the best methods to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, there are other methods you can use too.
You can also reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich in the air fryer and on the grill.
In The Air Fryer
Using the air fryer is another great way to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. However, you will need to do some cleaning after it.
Another drawback of this reheating method is that you will need to reheat the buns separately in the oven, in the microwave, or on the stovetop.
Here’s what you should do:
- Take apart the Chick-Fil-A sandwich.
- Place the chicken fillet in the air fryer basket and set the air fryer to 325 degrees.
- Air fry the chicken for around 9 minutes.
- In the meantime, reheat the buns in a non-stick pan or in the oven.
- When the chicken fillet and the buns are heated, put the sandwich back together. Don’t forget to add the cold ingredients and a sauce of your choice to make the sandwich more flavorful and juicy.
On The Grill
If you have a grill that is already set up, it would be a good idea to reheat the Chick-Fil-A sandwich on the grill. The grill will heat up the sandwich evenly and quickly.
Here’s how to reheat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich on the grill:
- Set the grill to medium heat.
- Disassemble the sandwich and place the chicken fillet on the grill rack.
- Heat for around 2 minutes on each side. Watch the chicken closely and make sure you don’t burn it.
- In the meantime, butter the buns and place them on the grill with the buttered side down. There is no need to flip the buns. Leaving the buns on the grill for around a minute is enough to get them slightly charred and nicely heated.
- When you have reheated the bread and the chicken, assemble the sandwich and add your favorite sauces and toppings.
Can You Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Bag?
You don’t need the Chick-Fil-A sandwich bag when reheating the sandwich. But you can keep it and transfer the sandwich into it when you have already reheated it.
Putting the hot sandwich into the bag will soften it and make it taste like a fresh sandwich right out of Chick-Fil-A.
Can You Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich Without Disassembling It?
As you can see, all reheating methods tell you to disassemble the Chick-Fil-A sandwich first. You may want to skip this step and reheat the sandwich without taking it apart.
We don’t recommend you do this for a few reasons. Firstly, doing this will make the sandwich soggy.
Secondly, the chicken breast may not heat evenly and all the way through if you reheat the entire Chick-Fil-A sandwich. And lastly, there are pickles in the sandwich that don’t need to be reheated.
So, no matter what reheating method you use, it is best to disassemble the sandwich first.
How Many Times Can You Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich?
There is no limit to how many times you can reheat food so long as you do it safely.
However, this rule applies more to home-cooked meals rather than fast food as you never know how many times the food has been reheated until it got to you.
Additionally, reheating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich multiple times may ruin its texture. So, we recommend you reheat the sandwich when you know you are going to eat it right away.