Fresh vegetables are one of the best additions to any meal. You can make anything with vegetables and when you use fresh vegetables, the flavor is so savory and delicious.
The challenge is that if you’re using fresh vegetables, you must be able to chop the vegetables appropriately. You need a quality chopping knife or mechanism and you also need to have the optimal cutting board for your needs.
How do you choose cutting boards for cutting vegetables? There are so many options out there on the market that it’s a challenge to pick through them all and determine which one you should by.
Choosing your cutting board is far more involved than simply picking out a pretty color or a certain type of material.
It might seem like an easy task, but the truth is you want something that provides lasting quality and durability and will meet your personal needs as well. Not to worry, though, we’ve done all of the digging and research for you so you don’t have to spend hours poring over the details!
Keep reading to break it down and see all of the need-to-know details for choosing the best cutting boards for cutting vegetables.
5 Fabulous Cutting Boards for Cutting Vegetables
Here are some of the best cutting boards on the market that would be perfect for cutting veggies:
|1.||OXO Good Grips Plastic Carving and Cutting Board||Polypropylene (plastic)|
|2.||GREENER CHEF Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board||Bamboo|
|3.||Nicole Home Collection Flexible Cutting Board Mats||Plastic|
|4.||Seville Classics Easy-to-Clean Bamboo Cutting Board||Bamboo board
|5.||Dexas Over The Sink Strainer Board||Plastic|
We’ve also included a full review of each one, so keep reading for more about the best cutting boards.
1. OXO Good Grips Plastic Carving and Cutting Board
If you’re looking for a versatile cutting board that can tackle any chopping task, the OXO Good Grips Cutting Board might be an ideal solution for you. This cutting board is simplistic and a great size to fit any needs. It’s also a reasonable price point, winning our best overall choice of cutting boards.
- Soft handles on each side
- 14.34 inches by 21.11 inches
The OXO Good Grips cutting board is the closest you may find to a one size fits all solution for cutting boards. The surface is solid and durable, providing you with a perfect area for chopping every kind of vegetable, amongst other things.
The double-sided design of this cutting board allows you to cut multiple items without worrying about cross-contamination. The surface is non-porous helping to prevent the board from holding odors from the vegetables and making it easier to keep clean.
- The perfect large-size cutting board to ensure you have plenty of chopping space
- Available in smaller sizes and multiple-size packages as well
- Side-grip handles are soft and comfortable for lifting, while also being stable for cutting
- Odor-resistant, non-porous surface
- Surface designed to not dull your knives
- Claims to be dishwasher safe, but the heat of the dishwasher could cause warping
- Can be hard on ceramic or Japanese knives
2. GREENER CHEF Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board
Do you prefer the look and feel of wood for your chopping surface? Look no further, this sleep bamboo wood cutting board is designed specifically for cutting vegetables. It is heavy-duty and will not disappoint.
- Deep juice groove surrounding board surface
- Designed to be used for a variety of groceries like meat, cheese, vegetables and fruit
- 17.9 x 12.5 x 0.7 inch dimensions, weighing 3 pounds
This board is certainly designed to be lightweight which is indicated in the weight and size of the board.
The surface is intended to be friendly to every type of knife, from your inexpensive everyday knives to your more expensive specialty knives. The bamboo wood is much more friendly on your knives than other surfaces might be.
This cutting board is long-lasting and attractive. Most people enjoy the wood look and this one certainly is pleasing to the eyes. This cutting board can also be used as a charcuterie board, making it a uniquely versatile option to both chop and serve your vegetables.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed with a lifetime replacement and warranty
- Superior customer service
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Cutting board can be used as a charcuterie board for added versatility
- Requires frequent hand washing and oiling for long-lasting beauty and durability
- Not dishwasher safe (as it may damage the bamboo)
- May develop knife marks over time (common with bamboo cutting boards)
3. Nicole Home Collection Flexible Cutting Board Mats, Set of 3
Add some brightness and versatility to your vegetable cutting with these super-affordable colorful mats that are flexible and mobile but also provide a great surface for chopping your vegetables.
- BPA Free anti-microbial material
- 3-color set
- Flexible mat for bending and funneling
Don’t be fooled by the low price of these cutting mats. They are stellar quality and they are versatile and worthy of all uses. You can use the various colors as color-coding options or you can mix and match and vary your colors for enjoyment purposes.
These festive cutting boards will hold up to any type of knife, without damaging your knife. The mats are simple to wash and sanitize and they do not retain odors. You can even roll the mats to store them if it makes it easier to find a place for them when you’re not using them.
- Extremely affordable option
- Lightweight and flexible cutting board
- Does not harm your knives
- Does not retain odors
- Fun and colorful set
- No grooves for catching wayward juices
- Knives may scratch the surface
4. Seville Classics Easy-to-Clean Bamboo Cutting Board with Mats
You want something ideal for cutting your vegetables, but you also want something versatile to prevent having to store 5 different cutting boards. Consider this ultra-versatile option that provides a base bamboo cutting board and 7 color-coded flexible mats to place on top for cutting various products.
- 16.5 x 13.4 x 1.2 inch dimensions
- 7-flexible color-coded mats
- Bamboo base that is durable and attractive
This board is designed to be multi-functional while remaining both affordable and appealing to the eye. This board has a bamboo cutting board with insert areas cut into the sides to hold 7 color-coded mats that have picture identifiers to prevent cross-contamination issues.
The bamboo surface and the flexible mats are easy to work with and they are not hard on your knife blades, whether you use specialty knives or simple inexpensive knives. Cut everything from your veggies to your meat and then everything in between with one great option!
- Color-coded mats that set directly on top of the bamboo board
- Bamboo cutting board can be used without the mats
- Durable and will not harm knives
- Mats fit securely into a designed holding space and do not slide
- Include non-slip feet on each corner of the underside of the cutting board
- Must hand wash bamboo board
- Bamboo is fragile and seems to crack easily
5. Dexas Over the Sink Strainer Board
Chop, strain, and store all in one place. No worrying about running out of room while you’re chopping or carrying dripping veggies from the sink to the cutting board and having a watery mess. This cutting board fits snuggly over your sink. You can rinse your veggies, chop them, and move them back into the strainer all in one place.
- Over-the-sink board includes strainer
- 11.5 x 20 inch dimensions
- 2.5 quart removable and collapsible strainer
This board offers one of the most versatile and convenient surfaces for cutting your vegetables. It is available in either red or black. The edges are reinforced with non-slip grips so that the board can rest on your sink and not fall or shift while in use.
The included colander can be removed and/or collapsed based on your needs for use. You can even remove the colander and place a bowl underneath the hole to catch your chopped vegetables. The board is durable and sturdy and provides an ideal surface area for your chopping needs.
- Strainer is attached to cutting board and is fully removable
- Odor-resistant with a non-porous surface
- Board does not dull or harm knives
- Board is dishwasher safe
- Remove the colander and place a bowl under the hole for conveniently sweeping chopped vegetables directly into the bowl.
- Grip sides appear to move if they get too wet
- Depending on your sink, placement could be awkward, making cutting uncomfortable
We hope you have found the information in this guide to be helpful as you peruse the 5 best cutting boards for cutting vegetables. We’ve attempted to put together a variety of options to fit needs and preferences.
We invite you to check out our common question area below.
Does It Really Matter if I Buy Wood or Plastic?
The material of your cutting board is mostly related to your personal preferences. You might also consider whether you are using expensive specialty knives or want to use the dishwasher to wash your cutting board. Not every board is dishwasher friendly and some boards are more friendly on fine blades than others.
Can I Buy a Smaller Cutting Board?
The boards we have shared here are all average to large sizes, however, you can certainly utilize a smaller cutting board if you prefer. Many of the brands listed above also have small cutting boards available for purchase. If you determine you would prefer a specific type, simply look for that brand and type in a smaller format.
Up Next: 7 Best Onion Choppers