When you are living a busy and active lifestyle, prioritizing a healthy and balanced diet can be quite challenging. After all, grocery shopping, food preparation, and cooking can take a lot of time – a luxury that not all of us have. Luckily, Soylent offers a quick and convenient solution to this problem.
As you are probably aware, Soylent is a meal replacement drink. Instead of having to prepare your meal from scratch, you can simply take a bottle out of your fridge and you are good to go.
However, this drink comes in several unique flavors. So, the prospect of choosing one can seem a bit daunting.
What are the best soylent flavors? Flavor is a matter of taste and it’s worth sampling multiple to find your preferred flavor. If you like subtler flavors, opt for cafe chai or cafe vanilla. If you prefer bolder flavors, try cacao, mint chocolate, or strawberry. For a creamier choice, go for strawberry or chai.
Luckily, we are here to help and make things simpler for you. In this guide, we handpicked the 5 best soylent flavors. We also delved into some of the finer details that you need to know about these meal replacement drinks.
Soylent Meal Replacements: What to Consider
So, before we delve into the matter of the best Soylent flavors, we must first answer a couple of pressing questions regarding this drink. Specifically, we’ll look at its health benefits and nutritional content as well as its different applications.
After all, there are undoubtedly some readers here who are unfamiliar with this drink and would want to know more. Don’t fret though, as we have you covered.
Why Drink Soylent?
As with most health-related products, there are various uses for Soylent drinks.
Before going forward, you may want to take note of some. After all, the underlying purpose behind your Soylent consumption will inevitably affect how you consume it.
- Occasional Meal Replacement: This is one of the most common reasons people opt to drink Soylent. When you find yourself busy or being overwhelmed by your workload, an occasional drink of Soylent often serves as a convenient way to ease that hunger as you push your way through your day.
- Dietary Improvement: Wanting a simple way to keep their diet nutritious and healthy is another common reason people drink Soylent. These drinks are a great alternative to junk food while remaining convenient, and these drinks are touted as highly nutritious.
- Weight Loss: Weight loss is another common motivator for people to switch to Soylent. Two factors inevitably play a role here: convenience and liquid meal restrictions. They eliminate the drudgery of having to cook healthy meals and some weight loss plans include liquid meals. (But as always, it’s a great idea to check with a doctor before radically changing your diet!)
Choosing The Best Soylent Flavor for You
When it comes to picking Soylent flavors, preferences play a major role. That said, there are a couple of factors you may want to consider. Listed below are some of them:
- Flavor Profile: This is perhaps the most important aspect you must consider when looking at the different Soylent flavors. Are you in the mood for a coffee drink? Maybe you are looking for something fruity? Perhaps you want something on the sweeter side of the spectrum. There is a myriad of different Soylent flavor profiles available. You just need to determine what your preferences are.
- Strength and Taste: On a similar note, strength and flavor intensity is another major concern that you must consider when looking at the different Soylent options. After all, this will have a profound effect on your drinking experience. For instance, do you prefer your drink subtle like Chai or bold like cacao?
- Texture: The texture and richness of the drink is another important aspect that demands your attention as it will also have an impact on the way you drink. So, consider whether you like your drinks smooth or rich and creamy.
Top Picks for the Best Soylent Flavors
Now that we have covered everything you need to know about Soylent and what makes it great, it is time that we delve into the meat of the matter.
As you may have surmised by now, this meal replacement drink comes in a wide array of flavors, and you are spoiled for choice.
While exciting, this abundance of choice makes it challenging for a lot of people to decide which drink they should try first. Luckily, we are here to help with that task. Listed below are our top picks for soylent flavors:
We’ve reviewed each in detail below in case you want even more intel on these great flavors.
You can never go wrong with a classic. As chocolate lovers, it should come as no surprise that our first pick is cacao.
After all, this Soylent drink is absolutely delicious and simply irresistible. Moreover, its distinctively creamy texture simply elevates the entire experience.
So, let’s start with what we loved about it.
First, it simply tastes amazing. Aside from the rich chocolate flavor, this Soylent drink also brings the right amount of sweetness. This means that it isn’t overwhelming – a common problem for many chocolate drinks.
Its brilliant use of the cacao flavor also works well to mask the taste of soy milk, which is a bonus if you’re not always in the mood for a soy flavor.
After all, while many love soy milk, just as many simply have a hard time getting used to its unmistakable, slightly sweet flavor.
Next, we have strawberry. This Soylent drink comes in a well-designed packaging with its vibrantly red bottles and distinctive white label.
Once you open it, you will be greeted with the scent of real strawberries that is simply unmistakable.
The drink itself is incredibly creamy and thick. With its white color, you can just as easily take it for soy milk.
However, upon tasting it, there should be no confusion. The strawberry flavors can only be described as robust.
3. Cafe Chai
If you are looking for something subtle to get you through your hunger pangs, then the Chai Soylent flavor should do the trick.
It has a distinct aroma that is as fragrant as the traditional Chai, with the right amount of nutmeg and cinnamon peppered in to take it to the next level.
As you would probably expect, this drink is creamy and smooth. It brings to mind the texture of almond milk. It should go without saying that this great texture is what sets it apart from the other Soylent flavors out there.
4. Mint Chocolate
Next, we have something off the beaten path. Mint Chocolate isn‘t a flavor that is as beloved as cacao, strawberry, or even chai.
Yet, this drink from Soylent never fails to excite us with every sip. It brings together two distinct flavors that you would hardly expect to work well together.
Yet, as this list makes clear, we are simply in love with this flavor from Soylent.
Maybe there is a novelty factor, but the unique flavor it brings makes it go beyond that. Be sure to give it a try so that you can judge for yourself.
5. Cafe Vanilla
Finally, we have Café Vanilla. As its name suggests, this Soylent drink isn’t exactly plain. Instead, it has the right amount of coffee flavor to make it all the more memorable.
While its dark brown color is reminiscent of the many chocolate drinks of our childhood, it brings something unique and new to the table.
It effectively balances the two main flavor components. Specifically, its aroma is unmistakably influenced by vanilla.
Yet, upon tasting it, you will immediately notice that the coffee flavor is much stronger than you would initially expect.
Are Soylent Drinks Nutritious?
Soylent meal replacements have risen in popularity in recent years and understandably so.
After all, they offer a convenient solution to a lot of people looking to sustain a healthy diet but do not have the time to go through the motions of having to cook a meal.
At the same time, its accessibility and convenience make it an appealing alternative to junk food. After all, expediency is often cited as one of the main reasons why junk food remains popular despite their inherent health risks.
That said, presented below is a breakdown of the different nutrients and minerals that a single bottle of Soylent contains:
Soylent Nutritional Content
|20% of the RDI
|20% of the RDI
|20% of the RDI
|20% of the RDI
|20% of the RDI
|20% of the RDI
*RDI – Recommended Daily Intake
As the table shows, the drink serves as an effective meal replacement. This means that you can just as easily swap your regular meals for Soylent regularly.
Each serving contains 400 calories and the drink has the required levels of fiber, fat, carbs, and protein as well as a plethora of micronutrients to help get you through the day.
Of course, you must remember that a purely liquid diet isn’t recommended. However, you can use Soylent to replace two meals a day, every day, and you will still get all the nutrients that your body needs.
That said, as this section makes clear, there is more to this drink than the wonderful flavors that you can enjoy.
Up Next: The 3 Best Milkshake Powders