Measuring spoons are one of the most common kitchen tools. We use them for nearly every form of cooking – from baking to meal prep. Without appropriate measuring spoons, we would probably accomplish very little in the kitchen.
Do you get tired of not being able to find the measuring spoon you need? Or having a jumble of measuring spoons all over but always missing your teaspoon? Introducing adjustable measuring spoons! You no longer have to have 3 sets of measuring spoons with various missing sizes. You no longer have to have 20 different measuring spoons floating around in a drawer, especially those sizes you hardly ever used.
Adjustable measuring spoons are absolutely the solution to just about any measuring problem you might find yourself facing.
Choosing your adjustable measuring spoon doesn’t have to be rocket science but there are a lot of options on the market and it could take an exorbitant amount of time to sift through the options and make a decision.
That’s why we have done the work for you We’ve compiled this short guide to help you make a decision and to share with you what we’ve determined are the 7 best adjustable measuring spoons for your kitchen.
We hope that you will keep reading to get in on all of the details for picking your best adjustable measuring spoon.
Adjust Measuring Spoons – A Guide
So we’ve piqued your interest with adjustable measuring spoons, but how do you get started?
First, you need to know what it is you should look for with your measuring spoons. You want to be aware of limitations and restrictions and simply know what qualities to look for before you make a decision.
How to Choose Your Adjustable Measuring Spoons
Not all adjustable measuring spoons are created equally so we’ve put together some tips on what you should look for and which qualities you might want to be familiar with.
The adjustable measuring spoons you choose will ultimately wind down to your specific preferences but this will provide you a good basis of things you may want to specifically look out for.
- Sizes – Does the adjustable measuring spoon contain the most common sizes that you use?
- Labeling – Will the sizing references wear off easily or will they still be readable in several years?
- Durability – The last thing you want is for your adjustable measuring spoon to fall apart or break and then not have a backup option. Look for sturdy and reliable.
- Care – Is the adjustable measuring spoon easy to clean and care for? Is it dishwasher safe? Does it require taking apart and puzzling back together to clean effectively?
- Easy to Use – are the readings confusing? Does the slider for different sizes hold well or slide too easily?
- Shape – Be mindful of the size and shape of the head of the spoon as you want it to fit into containers (such as baking soda or powder) as necessary and hold liquids (such as cooking oil) well without spillage.
- Accuracy – Just because the measurements are there does not mean they are accurate. Be mindful of this in your selection and watch for reviews or notes that refer to accuracy.
How Do Adjustable Measuring Spoons Work?
An adjustable measuring spoon is a highly effective tool that makes measuring so much easier. There are several great qualities about the adjustable measuring spoon that should make you want to add it to your kitchen.
Typical measuring spoons usually come in sets. They might be loose or they might be connected on a ring that holds all of the sizes together for organizational purposes. The problem is sizes get misplaced or it can be challenging to get the size you need off the ring so you dirty the whole set at one time.
If you’re anything like most of the world, it seems like you can never find the size you need when you need it. You probably have multiple sets tossed in a drawer and you just need that 1 teaspoon measure but you can’t find it anywhere!
Adjustable measuring spoons overcome all of these issues. With an adjustable measuring spoon, you have all of the sizes you need in 1 single spoon. You can, of course, have several of these on hand but they are still far more versatile than any set of spoons might be.
The adjustable measuring spoon typically has a handle, a bowl (can be various shapes) and a lever. You push the lever to the desired measurement and then measure as normal.
No more searching for the size of spoon you need, just grab the adjustable measuring spoon and measure away! You will be so glad you made the switch to the adjustable measuring spoon.
You will reduce the clutter of mismatched measuring spoons and you will never again have to search in frustration for the size you need.
The 7 Best Adjustable Measuring Spoons
We’ve sorted through the options to break it down to the 7 best adjustable measuring spoons. No need to worry about sifting through endless articles and options. Simply take a look at the detailed listings below and make your decision from there.
1. Pampered Chef Adjustable Measuring Spoons
Check out our best overall pick, the Pampered Chef adjustable measuring spoons. This is a set of 2 that breaks one set down from teaspoon to tablespoon and everything in between while the other takes a teaspoon and everything under that.
- Set of 2, sizes from 1/8 tsp to 1 tablespoon
- Simple, adjustable slider
- Rectangular shape
This set of adjustable measuring spoons is a high-quality set that is well worth the extra dollars to purchase it. It is extremely versatile with multiple sizing options. The slider is easy to use and adjust and stays in place while you are measuring.
The handle of these measuring spoons is comfortable and provides a thumb area to give you full control and comfort while gripping. These are easy to take apart and reassemble so that you can clean them well.
- Great for both dry or liquid measurements
- Multiple size options, including uncommon sizes
- Durable build with measurement printing that does not wear off
- Comfortable grip design
- Rectangular design allows you to fit into typical spice jars for measuring purposes
- Small type can make measurements hard to read
- May be hard to adjust the slider initially as you break in
2. KitchenArt Adjust-A-Teaspoon & Adjust-A-Tablespoon Set
Keep it simple and effective with this rectangular adjustable spoon set from KitchenArt. This is another set of 2 that from 1/8 of a teaspoon to a full tablespoon between the two spoons. The rectangular design allows it to fit into any spice jar for measurement.
- 2-piece with measurements from 1/8 TSP – 1 TBSP
- Durable plastic material
- Adjustable slider clicks into place
No need to worry about your slider moving while you’re measuring, it simply clicks into place for your measurement and stays put until you move it. This set is dishwasher safe and is easy to disassemble for extensive cleaning.
Aside from measuring minuscule teaspoon quantities to a full tablespoon, this set also includes ML measurements for those who may need that option. This set is a standard set that is built well and is a great price option as well.
- Versatile sizing options
- Affordable set with a great design
- Measures 5 sizes in 1 simple measuring spoon
- Easy to level for precise measuring capacities
- Works well for liquids or dry measurements
- Measurement print seems to wear away easily
- Quality is inconsistent
3. KitchenArt Cook’s Pro Adjust-A-Measure 3-piece Set
Sometimes it’s best to stick with quality and versatility so that you can rest assured you are getting the best item for your money. It can be well worth it to spend the extra money for the right tool and this is just such a set.
- 3-piece set includes 1/8 TSP to 1 TBSP as well as ½ cup adjustable scoop
- Rectangular design to fit into jars and containers for measuring
- Easily adjustable with various sizes available
This little set is the perfect addition to any kitchen with it’s simple and elegant design. These are made with a zinc alloy material that closely resembles stainless steel. They have a satin finish and they are made with quality in mind.
If you are looking for the best and most versatile option, we highly recommend this set. It comes with the extra measuring piece and is made with stellar quality while also looking and working great. This is a set that will not disappoint.
- Looks great, feels great, and works great
- Includes a bonus piece in the set that measures up to ½ cup
- Well-designed for measuring and organization
- Comes apart easily for cleaning
- Adjustable slider might be hard to slide
- Disassemble to wash or ingredients may stick in crevices
4. Adjustable Measuring Spoon, Double-End Adjustable Scale
Forget having 2 adjustable measuring spoons and go for this all in one dual-sided measuring spoon that has all of the measurements in one simple spoon. This measuring spoon has 1 TSP to 1 TBSP on one end and 1/8 TSP to 1 TSP on the other.
- Dual ended adjustable measuring spoon
- Measure 1/8 TSO to 1 TBSP
- Grooved adjustable slider clicks into place
Keep it simple and keep it all to one spoon with this adjustable measuring spoon. Its unique design gives you every measurement you need without having to purchase 2 spoons. The slider clicks into place to hold your measurement and works well with dry ingredients and liquids.
This adjustable measuring spoon is made with quality plastic material and was built to be strong and long-lasting. The numbers are imprinted to the handle so there is no worry of them wearing off. It is easy to adjust and comfortable to hold and use.
- Double-ended so you only need 1 spoon for all measurements
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Works well for both dry ingredients and liquids with no leaking
- 9 measurements in one simple spoon
- Designed to fit into spice jars easily
- While the adjustable slider clicks into place it leaves too much space between clicks and could move, affecting your overall accuracy only slightly.
5. YuWell Multifunctional Adjustable Measuring Spoons
If you’re looking for a fun and unique design, look no further. These adjustable measuring spoons are designed to work much like a scoop might. They work well for both dry ingredients and liquids and you might be surprised at their capabilities.
- Measures ½ TSP to 9 TSP
- Scoop design with magnetic clasp
- Includes a coffee spoon and cleaning brush
These are unique and a bit more limited than some designs as they do not measure below ½ TSP. The scoop adjusts sizes through a magnetic clasp but is easy to grip and handle.
These are easy to use and clean. They do not disassemble for cleaning and are not recommended for the dishwasher.
- Unique scoop design
- Works well for both liquids and dry ingredients
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed with a lifetime warranty
- Does not measure less than ½ TSP
- Measuring liquid tends to get in small spaces and is hard to get out
6. KitchenArt 74437 Adjustable Measuring Spoon 2-Piece Plastic Set
Keep it simple and keep it inexpensive with this great option from KitchenArt. These are a fun color and they are made with the great quality that KitchenArt is known for.
- 2-piece set measures 1/8 TSP to 1 TBSP
- Plastic design with red handle and slider
- Rounded rectangular scoop
These are your basic, run of the mill adjustable measuring spoons. They are built with reliable materials that you don’t have to worry about failing. The slider clicks into place for easy adjustment.
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Adjustable slider clicks into place
- Fun red color to change it up
- While it says dishwasher safe, the plastic may warp in the dishwasher
7. Newtrend Adjustable Measuring Spoon
This option is another double-ended option. This one is unique in that it measures only in grams and ML.
If you’re looking for TSP and TBSP you may need to do some converting or choose another option.
- Measures 1 gram/ML to 5 grams/ ML
- Adjustable slider with rectangular barrel
- Metric measurements only
Don’t be distraught by the metric measurements if this is the one you like. You can easily convert the measurements or choose another of the great options we have provided!
These adjustable measuring spoons are designed with high-quality plastic. The handle has a grooved design that makes it comfortable to hold and handle. These are easy to clean and easy to adjust and read.
- Food-grade plastic material to ensure safe to use with foods
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to clean
- Grooved thumbprint design makes it easy to hold and grip
- Cannot be used for liquid ingredients
- This set is metric only which may deter some
- Measurements are printed on and may wear off with use
We hope that this has been a great resource for you. We invite you to review our questions below for additional information.
Do I Need a Separate Set for Liquids and Dry Ingredients?
Some measuring spoons do not handle liquids very well so that is a quality to watch for. Other than that you should be able to use the same adjustable measuring spoon regardless of what type of ingredient you are measuring.