This recipe is the epitome of “easy as pie”! This is probably the simplest, most delicious pie you can make with only 3 ingredients used to make the filling!
Lemon pie has a tart but bright flavor. The creaminess of the filling pairs beautifully with a graham cracker or crushed cookies crust.
Lemon pie truly has magical powers. Each sweet and tangy bite tastes like summer, and yet lemon is in season during winter!
This little paradox exists to show that lemon pie is acceptable all year round, so don’t be afraid to whip this up, whether it’s in the middle of December or the end of June!
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make A Lemon Pie!
This lemon pie relies on sweetened condensed milk to achieve its sour-sweet flavor. Sweetened condensed milk has many uses and isn’t just for ice creams and coffee.
The most beautiful thing about this pie is that it only requires a little mixing and baking. This recipe features simple ingredients and simple instructions!
What Makes This Pie So Good?
This pie is amazing whether you use a store-bought pie crust or a homemade pie crust. Here are the key elements that make this pie so delicious:
- Having a buttery, crunchy graham crust is a must for this recipe. A quality base is necessary for any pie, especially lemon pie. Plus, the butter complements the lemon flavor!
- When making lemon pie, I suggest you use real lemons, and real lemons only! This recipe doesn’t have many ingredients, so it’s important to get the real deal to maximize on flavor.
- Just like with the lemons, make sure to get high-quality eggs. Only the freshest eggs will ensure you have a nice yellow filling with a luxurious texture.
- Using sweetened condensed milk provides all the sugar you need for the pie. Plus, it will add richness and a smooth finish!
- I choose to add a little extra sugar to the pie crust for additional sweetness, but if you don’t have that much a sweet tooth, then feel free to just use the graham crackers and butter!
How To Serve Lemon Pie
After you’re finished baking the pie, it should chill in a fridge for at least 3 hours after resting at room temperature for 20 minutes. For me, I like to leave mine overnight in the fridge to have it set as nicely as possible.
The lemon pie can be served by itself, but I like to top it with some whipped cream. One of my favorites is using coconut whipped cream for another flavor on top of the lemon.
How To Make 3 Ingredient Lemon Pie
Assemble your ingredients.
To make your own crust, start by combining the ground graham crackers, butter, and sugar in a bowl and stir well until you have something like a wet sand texture.
Transfer the mixture into a pie pan and press firmly into the shape of the pan. Bake the pie crust for 8 minutes at 350°F.
Remove the pie crust from the oven.
To make the filling, in a large bowl whisk condensed milk and egg yolks.
Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake the pie for 20-23 minutes at 350°F.
Cool the pie on a wire rack, then transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours.
Slice the cake and serve with some whipped cream on top.
For the crust
- 1 ½ cup ground graham crackers
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp sugar (optional)
For the filling
- 2 14-ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- To make your own crust, start by combining the ground graham crackers, butter, and sugar in a bowl and stir well until you have something like a wet sand texture.
- Transfer the mixture into a pie pan and press firmly into the shape of the pan. Bake the pie crust for 8 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl whisk condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake the pie for 20-23 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack, then transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Slice the cake and serve with some whipped cream on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 1gSugar: 82gProtein: 13g
Up Next: How To Reheat Ribs In The Air Fryer