5 Best Crawfish Boilers Of 2023
Crawfish is one of the most readily available seafood around. It is extremely popular in the states of Louisiana and is a staple for Cajun cuisine. However, you don’t need to be from the South to enjoy a batch of crawfish because they are simply that delicious.
So, it only makes sense for you to have your own crawfish boiler. As any home cook would tell you, you can never have enough cooking equipment in your kitchen. After all, you want to make sure that you have the right tools for the job.
So what is the best crawfish boiler? We recommend choosing a stainless steel crawfish boiler with a capacity of at least 29 quarts, but 80 quarts is best for large amounts of crawfish.
Unfortunately, choosing the right crawfish boiler can be quite overwhelming especially for those unfamiliar with the intricacies of such a thing. Luckily, we are here to help. We have listed down here our picks for the 5 best crawfish boilers.
Buying Guide: Crawfish Boilers
By all means, crawfish boilers are simple kitchen appliances. However, there are several things that you to consider before making that purchase. After all, the last thing you would want is to be stuck with a lemon.
Your crawfish boiler needs to be versatile. It is more than a mere vessel for your water and the crawfish that you will be cooking in it.
Rather, it is a means to satisfy your desires and it is there to ensure that you are satisfied. It needs to get the job done whenever you find yourself craving some of that sweet seafood.
Things to Consider When Buying Crawfish Boilers
It should go without that you need to get a boiler that is up to the task.
That said, listed below are some of the things you need to take note of when looking for crawfish boilers:
- Burner Quality – If you are looking for a crawfish cooker that comes with its own burner then you need to ensure that it is level, rigid, and large enough for the job. After all, you wouldn’t want a burner that is too small for the pot. Remember, the boiler itself will be filled with hot water. You need to ensure that the burner it is placed on is secure enough to prevent any type of spillage from occurring.
- Boiler Sturdiness – Your boiler will be subjected to high levels of heat on a fairly regular basis. Quality is of paramount importance here. You need to ensure that your boiler is robust and sturdy. Make sure to look for any signs of damage – this includes everything from holes, rust, and scratches. Pay close attention to any chips on its chrome plating if you are working with a stainless steel pot.
- Size – This is incredibly important as you will want to avoid getting industrial-sized vats when you are simply cooking for yourself and a couple of people. At the same time, you wouldn’t want to get a boiler that is too small as that would limit your options. Instead, make sure to get a pot that is just the right size.
- Stability – This is an important aspect of your boiler that you should never fail to inspect. It needs to have a flat and even surface, especially at its base. Specifically, you need to ensure that it is able to sit upright and that it doesn’t slide around.
- Intuitive Design and Ease of Use – Another important aspect of crawfish boilers that you need to account for is its intuitive design. This will have a great impact not only on the way you use it but also in terms of you transport your boiler from one place to another. Pay close attention to its handles and lid. Ideally, your boiler’s handle should have a layer of rubber covering to make it easy to handle. At the same time, its positioning should be comfortable enough to make the prospect of holding and carrying a breeze.
Crawfish Boiler Materials
Now, there is the matter of the materials used to make the boiler. As you would expect, this will have a great impact not only in terms of durability and sturdiness, but will also impact its heat threshold, not to mention the price point of the boiler itself.
- Stainless Steel – This is the best choice available to you. Not only is stainless steel incredibly strong and resilient, but it can also withstand high levels of heat for longer periods. However, expect these boilers to be more expensive than their counterparts.
- Aluminum – This is the other popular material of choice for crawfish boilers. Aluminum is incredibly light and can easily conduct heat, making the prospect of boiling that much easier. At the same time, it is a more affordable option. However, it is also inferior in terms of durability compared to the stainless steel boilers.
The 5 Best Crawfish Boilers
Now that we have covered everything you need to consider when buying crawfish boilers, we can now proceed to the matter at hand: picking the best crawfish boilers.
Make sure to remember the qualities of a great boiler as they play a major part here. Listed below are our top picks, so be sure to check them out.
|Rank||Recommended Crawfish Boiler||Capacity|
|1.||Professional Grade 80-Quart Boiling Pot||80 quarts|
|2.||King Kooker Propane Outdoor Fry Boil Package||29 quarts|
|3.||Barton Deluxe 30-Quart Boiler||30 quarts|
|4.||Bayou Classic 44-Quart Boiler||44 quarts|
|5.||CONCORD Stainless Steel Stock Pot||80 quarts|
1. Professional Grade 80-Quart Boiling Pot
First, we have the Professional Grade 80-Quart All-Purpose Boiling Pot from the Houston Seafood Company.
This boiler also comes with additional baskets and 12 Quart Stock Pots which serve to sweeten the deal, so to speak.
As you may have surmised, this boiling pot’s large 80-quart capacity lends makes it incredibly versatile. In terms of carrying capacity, it can carry as much 45 pounds of your favorite ingredients – this makes it the perfect choice for a wide array of seafood recipes.
Aside from crawfish, it is also large enough to boil everything from fresh shrimp and prawns to Maine lobsters, mussels, clams, and even King Crabs.
It is also worth noting that the boiler is made from durable yet lightweight aluminum materials. That alone should tell you that this boiler is built to ensure optimal performance.
2. King Kooker Propane Outdoor Fry Boil Package
Next, we have the boiler package from King Kooker. It includes a pair of pots as well as a heavy-duty welded outdoor cooker and burner.
As you may have figured out from its name, this boiler can also be used for deep frying, hence the inclusion of an aluminum fry pan and basket along with its 29-quart aluminum pot.
In terms of versatility and functionality, it is hard to find a worthy competitor to this particular boiler. It is incredibly easy to use, especially with the kitchen thermometer. This way, you can keep a close eye on how things are going with your dish every step of the way.
3. Barton Deluxe 30-Quart Boiler
Next, we have the Barton Deluxe 30-Quart Boiler. This crawfish boiler is incredibly easy to use and is the ideal choice if you are looking to make Cajun cuisine in the comfort of your own home.
It is particularly effective when making stews, soups, gumbo, and jambalaya with your crawfish.
In terms of design, we find ourselves hard-pressed looking for something to complain about. This is because the Barton Boiler banks on the principles of simplicity.
That is why you get a boiler that is streamlined and leans heavily on performance. It even features a robust frame that ensures everything stays where they should be.
However, this does not mean that there are no additional features that come with this boiler. On the contrary, it also serves as an effective fryer – it can even fry a whole turkey.
4. Bayou Classic 44-Quart Boiler
Next, we have the Bayou Classic 44-Quart Boiler. As its name suggests, this kitchen appliance is the tool for Cajun cooking.
Unlike the other products on this list, it doesn’t double as a turkey fryer. Instead, it focuses on doing a single job: making sure that your crawfish come out delicious.
Its 44-quart stainless body is incredibly sturdy as it can withstand up to 58,000 BTU’s of heat.
At the same time, it also makes cooking that much easier as it features internal side calibrations in gallons and quarts – eliminating the guesswork entirely.
5. CONCORD Stainless Steel Stock Pot
Finally, we have the Concord Stainless Steel Stock Pot. there is no contesting that this crawfish boiler is robust.
Not only is it large enough to cook a huge batch of crawfish to satisfy you and your family, but it is also sturdily built.
Made from stainless steel, it can withstand high levels of heat for as long as it needs to.
Moreover, its 80 Quart capacity and 18″x 19″ specifications give you a wide range of options in terms of what you can do with it.
Up Next: 99 Foods That Start With C