Delicious, moist, and simple-to-make banana bread using only simple ingredients.
This banana bread is something you must try. There are many versions of banana bread, but this one beats them all. Why? Simply because it is made with ingredients we all have somewhere in our pantry.
Sometimes, even though the execution of a recipe is simple, people like to add different things and make a recipe difficult to make, a recipe that is not affordable, or a recipe that pushes you to leave the house and go shopping.
Ripe bananas, eggs, white sugar, flour, butter, and vanilla – that is all you need for this banana bread recipe!
Forget about fancy kitchen equipment or even a hand mixer. A simple whisk and spatula will be enough. This is a one-bowl recipe that is perfect for a mess-free kitchen.
This is basically a 10-minute recipe, which is all the time you need to whisk up this bread. After an hour of baking, your house will be filled with the most fragrant banana aroma and then you will be snacking your freshly baked banana bread.
Banana bread is something you should make from time to time. Bananas are a great source of potassium and even contribute to a good mood.
The banana bread is a cross between bread and a cake, and you can serve it as you like. Ideal for a breakfast or just a simple dessert, banana bread is a perfect option for both.
You can even toast it or drizzle with some chocolate and caramel sauce, and you will have an amazing treat.
Ingredients For Banana Bread [Without Brown Sugar]
Like I mentioned, you do not need special ingredients for this banana bread recipe. Here are the top 3 ingredients that you’ll need in order to make tasty banana bread:
- Spotted Bananas – How ripe should bananas be for banana bread? Pick spotted bananas over perfectly yellow ones. The bananas with tiny freckles are the ripe bananas and these will not only mash perfectly but will also give the best flavor.
- If you cannot find perfectly-ripe bananas go with the closest possible. Just make sure you avoid those green as they really do lack in taste.
- White Granulated Sugar – Plain white granulate sugar is all you need. Why buy extra brown sugar or even coconut sugar? White sugar will work unless you have some dietary restrictions or you really want to make bread with brown sugar.
- All-Purpose Flour – Some like to use whole-wheat or almond flour. However, this recipe was designed specifically for all-purpose flour, so you can’t expect it to have the same result with other types of flour. Some flours require more liquid, some less.
- If you choose to use a different flour, make sure to read our guide on how to choose the best flour for banana bread first.
This banana bread recipe is very forgiving. If you do make a slip, like using too little or too much flour, you will be able to fix it by adding a bit more mashed banana or one small beaten egg.
If you do not have enough bananas, add some yogurt and a bit of banana extract. You can play around with the ingredients as much as you’d like!
How To Make Banana Bread Moist And Fluffy
Some like their banana bread completely smooth, some like it with pieces of banana. Here’s how to customize the texture of the banana bread to your liking:
- For a smooth version, you can finely mash the bananas or blend with an immersion blender.
- For a chunky texture, just mash the bananas with a fork until the desired texture is reached.
Having a mixer for this recipe is not mandatory. Still, if you want to ease an already easy process, you can use a mixer and beat up butter (softened or melted, whatever you like) with sugar, eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas. It is completely up to you.
Some are traditionalists and love to get in touch with their ingredients, and if you are one of those people, then whisking everything in a single bowl with a spatula could be the right choice for you.
It’s important to know the difference between adding softened and melted butter:
- If you decide to cream softened butter and sugar together first, and then add bananas and the rest of the ingredients, you will get a lighter, crumbly banana bread.
- If you use melted butter and just combine it with the ingredients, you will get a denser, less crumbly bread.
Banana Bread Mix-ins
This is a very forgiving recipe, and you cannot go wrong with anything you add or do not add.
By mix-ins, we are talking about various nuts, chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate. You can make your bread plain or with some additional ingredients.
Just be sure to add the mix-ins as the last step otherwise they will not blend nicely with the batter.
How To Make Banana Bread Without Brown Sugar
Step 1: Gather the ingredients. Preheat oven to 375F. Line 8-inch loaf pan with a parchment paper.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, mash two bananas with a fork.
Step 3: Whisk the melted butter with the mashed bananas, then add the sugar.
Step 4: Fold in egg and vanilla.
Step 5: Finally, fold in flour and baking powder.
Step 6: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. If you are using an extra banana, cut it in half by length and place it on top of the bread.
Step 7: Bake the bread for 50 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Step 8: Cool the bread on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- 2 ripe bananas + 1 for the decoration (optional)
- ½ cup sugar (for a sweeter bread use ¾ cup of the sugar)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or softened)*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 375F. Line 8-inch loaf pan with a parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, mash two bananas with a fork.
Whisk the melted butter with the mashed bananas.
Fold in egg and vanilla.
Finally, fold in flour and baking powder.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. If you are using an extra banana, cut in half by length and place on top of the bread.
Bake the bread for 50 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the bread on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
If using softened butter, beat the butter with sugar until pale and fluffy. Mash the bananas separately and add them to the butter mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients. This will give you a lighter bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g